PDA

View Full Version : New to AT, Archery & Infinite Edge! need help with pkg sight

bowandsnow
April 3rd, 2014, 03:10 PM
Hey all, just got my IE, first bow ever! about a week or so ago...have been back to the shop a couple times with questions and help with sighting. Apparently I am not the only one shooting to the right with this apex 3 pin sight...I've spoken to my shop owner and a few ppl online having this issue, the sight doesn't have the ability to adjust any further to the right so had to be shimmed. No manual for the sight was included with bow. So I do not understand how to adjust.

I see the 2 screws, one for elevation and one for windage.(see pix) I see the grid or what I am assuming are elevation lines(see pix), not level? But I have no clue how to adjust windage myself, I have loosened the screw but then what? I asked at shop but they adjusted it so fast I couldn't figure out what they were doing. The elevation screw was stripped I guess, and after the shims were inserted, the screw had loosened by time I drove home and that is the only way I figured out how to adjust for elevation. I would appreciate any detailed help with adjust for windage until I can get this sight replaced. With what sight? I dunno...but I do want one that will accommodate the tagged out rangefinder.

VORTEC429
April 3rd, 2014, 05:50 PM
My wifes bow had the same issue with that sight. Honestly I took it off and purchased a better quality sight and by better quality pretty much any except this one. I'm not sure why Diamond/Bowtech puts bottom of the barrel accessories on their bows. As far as the bow you made a great choice! ENJOY!

deadduck357
April 3rd, 2014, 08:05 PM
Replace it. It will frustrate you. Upgrade the sight and you will be much more pleased. Just upgraded my daughters with the Apex Gear Accu-Strike - MUCH better.

bowandsnow
April 3rd, 2014, 08:19 PM
Thanks!

threetoe
April 3rd, 2014, 08:28 PM
That doesn't make sense.
How did they set up the "Center Shot"?

If one sight is moved over as far as it can and you are still unable to move it enough, I suggest another sight will exhibit the same issue..

I'd look at center shot first before buying something you really don't need or can't afford.

Very suspicious indeed.

I bought the exact same bow for my GF and it shoots like a laser with PLENTY of adjustment left.

Try this link below to learn more about tuning. Nuts&Bolts is our resident pro.
In this thread you can scroll down and see how to determine CENTER SHOT by simply using two arrows.
It's EASY.
I hope this helps

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2120793

Huntinsker
April 3rd, 2014, 08:36 PM
That doesn't make sense.
How did they set up the "Center Shot"?

If one sight is moved over as far as it can and you are still unable to move it enough, I suggest another sight will exhibit the same issue..

I'd look at center shot first before buying something you really don't need or can't afford.

Very suspicious indeed.

I bought the exact same bow for my GF and it shoots like a laser with PLENTY of adjustment left.

Depending on when the bow package was put together, the sight may or may not have enough adjustment. We fought it all last year where I work and were constantly having to get spacers for the sight. Around January they finally started getting packages out with sights that have more adjustment to the riser side (right for right hand shooters and left for left hand shooters). If you were to set centershot where it should be on the bow, the earlier package sights would not be able to get sighted in. The problem wasn't the bow but rather the sight.

bowandsnow
April 4th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Thanks to everyone for their advice, replaced my sight with a trophy ridge punisher 3....I'm in heaven! Shooting so well and its sooo easy to adjust! Happy Dance!!

VORTEC429
April 4th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Enjoy!

MadwomanM
June 30th, 2014, 04:46 PM
I have an IE bow, had the same problem with the sight when I got it in January, it had to be shimmed. Took it to the pro and he got some spacers and fixed it up. Then, got a new sight, and still have problems now with adjusting. I can move the pins, but the sight itself is limited. Probably need to look into a different sight for it. Not ready to spend additional $$$ at this point, yet.