PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Infinite Edge cable guard fell out again

bowandsnow
April 3rd, 2014, 08:22 PM
My cable guard fell out again, maybe this is why i am seeing the cables instead of my pins!? do i just push it back in tight...fell out once before on my way to shop but the pros fixed it so not sure how...the string with peep goes in front of guard, correct? in line with rest? thx from miss newbie!:tongue:

deadduck357
April 3rd, 2014, 08:33 PM
Should be a hex set screw, just tighten it.

bowandsnow
April 3rd, 2014, 08:42 PM
no its like a rod that fits into a hole in the bow frame ...like its wedged in no screws

Huntinsker
April 3rd, 2014, 08:43 PM
Just posted this on one of your other threads but there should be a set screw on the inside of the riser shelf that holds the cable rod in place. Check and see if you still have it. If not you need to get a replacement.

bowandsnow
April 3rd, 2014, 09:24 PM
hope these pix help to explain the issue thanks!

redmammon
April 3rd, 2014, 09:41 PM
Can we get a pic of the other side of the riser?

sidro
April 3rd, 2014, 09:41 PM
Set screw is on other side of the bow. Back it out, put loc-tite on it, put rod back in place and tighten screw down.

bowandsnow
April 3rd, 2014, 09:45 PM
correct a mundo!! missing set screw! so that means its come out twice....maybe stripped inside...all these issues within less than a week of having bow....ah well...best to learn all this up front!

bowandsnow
April 3rd, 2014, 09:51 PM
cant quite get rod back in.....back to the shop for 4th time...I end up buying something each time I go! lol thanks everyone!!

deadduck357
April 3rd, 2014, 11:14 PM
Tell them your getting quite frustrated. I would.

bowandsnow
April 4th, 2014, 10:46 AM
I agree...I wrote diamond & asked for new bow that will hold screws and a sight not needing allen wrenches to adjust cuz sight is shimmed also stripped screws and still wont sight in...also suggested they use diff sights on these pkgs
..my 1st bow should be fun and I should experience the pleasure I felt when I first shot it...not frustration and $100 or more in gas on repeated trips to shop...

darksidemxer
April 4th, 2014, 02:12 PM
sounds like it may be a dealer issue...ive got 2 diamonds and never had those issues, my dealer went through the bow top to bottom and made sure everything was tight and if something ever did get stripped out they would fix it. why did the sight need to be shimmed?
btw, my wifes IE and my CORE use the same set up, thousands of arrows no issues.

bowandsnow
April 4th, 2014, 04:28 PM
apparently the set screw was in there, i was expecting a screw that looked like the ones used to install a sight, but its inside i guess...
My dealer did go over bow a couple times, today he added a new sight, trophy ridge, and voila she is shooting great now! dont know why the cable guard came loose. I have no doubt that my dealer would bend over backwards, they are fantastic! I grouped so close today i shaved off a fletching! not complaining!

buckdoehunter
April 4th, 2014, 06:02 PM
every time I read about a cable guard coming loose, it's on a diamond/bow tech. I'm guessing the monkey that installs them is getting old. I had two come loose, 1 diamond razor edge, 1 assassin. I put a dab of white out on the rod next to the riser and check it on my pre-shoot inspection. Never had one come loose after blue loc-tite and snugging the screw down.

VORTEC429
April 4th, 2014, 07:37 PM
My Assassin came out as well. I check on it often just to be sure its in their tight

deadduck357
April 4th, 2014, 09:11 PM
apparently the set screw was in there, i was expecting a screw that looked like the ones used to install a sight, but its inside i guess...
My dealer did go over bow a couple times, today he added a new sight, trophy ridge, and voila she is shooting great now! dont know why the cable guard came loose. I have no doubt that my dealer would bend over backwards, they are fantastic! I grouped so close today i shaved off a fletching! not complaining!

There you go, all's well.

Every two or three outings with your bow just snug up everything to be proactive.

I keep the Vista Micro Hex set in my pocket every time I go out. It's small and unobtrusive.
http://www.abbeyarchery.com.au/mm5/graphics/Vista_Micro_Hex_Wrench_Set_med .jpg

gettinold
April 4th, 2014, 11:27 PM
Blue Lock tite or purple on cable guard screw, draw mod screws and sight mounting screw

kerrye
April 5th, 2014, 09:16 AM
I had this same problem with my IE. On close inspection, there was some metal from tapping the lock screw hole forced into the hole the guard shaft goes in. This kept the shaft from completely bottoming out in the hole and the set screw did not lock down on the shaft. I cleaned the metal out of the shaft hole, retapped the set screw threads and seated everything back like it should be and added a second short lock screw to lock the inner screw in place. Been shooting it now for over a year without recurrence of the problem.

buckdoehunter
April 5th, 2014, 10:09 PM
That metal that is at the bottom of the hole is suppose to be there, at least on the Assassin that is and I'm guessing the same for the IE. It's suppose to press against the rod so the set screw does not dig into the rod and damage it, for some reason diamond/bowtech assemblers can't get it quite right.

kerrye
April 5th, 2014, 11:29 PM
That metal that is at the bottom of the hole is suppose to be there, at least on the Assassin that is and I'm guessing the same for the IE. It's suppose to press against the rod so the set screw does not dig into the rod and damage it, for some reason diamond/bowtech assemblers can't get it quite right.

Not talking the bottom of the shaft hole. What I found was a wad of metal cuttings from when the set screw threads were tapped that stuck out into the hole where the shaft goes. The shaft did not go past the set screw hole opening. The picture the OP attached indicates that the shaft only went into the hole about 3/8" and not all the way to the bottom.