PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting infinite edge draw weight

Pin_head
May 2nd, 2014, 01:12 PM
Hello people of archery talk!

I'm admittedly an archery novice, I've been shooting for about four months with an infinite edge. I had it set at 50 lbs when I had it initially set up and tuned. I would now like to crank it up a few pounds and work my way up to 55 or 60 lbs for hunting.

My question is, will increasing the draw weight require me to have it re-timed? I can't seem to find a definitive answer on this. I'd like to just crank it up and keep shooting.

Thanks in advance for helping a newby learn the in's and out's of this archery business a little better.

Cheers,
Brad

#40Fan
May 2nd, 2014, 01:29 PM
It could knock it out of time. Best thing to do is mark the bolt and the limb where it sits now. Crank both a turn or two and shoot it. See how it does. You can always have someone watch where the draw stops are hitting now in relation to each other, as well as after you have adjusted the weight.

deadduck357
May 2nd, 2014, 01:30 PM
Crank it up. You can't be worried about getting it out of time just because you want to increase the DW. It shouldn't effect it but periodically you need to check your timing because the string and cables stretch. And by the way check your timing at draw.

Pin_head
May 2nd, 2014, 01:32 PM
Excellent!

Thank you for the quick replies and reassurance, muchly appreciated!

Brad