Archery Talk Forum banner

Scorpyd without local dealer Yeah or Nay?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mtm408 
#1 ·
So I'm a newbie when it comes to crossbows. I've bow hunted most of my life and still hunt with an older Hoyt compound and use to shoot recurves but it's been a long time. Decided to give xbows a try and didn't want walk in wallet first before finding out if I like it and played with a PSE Enigma for a while. It's an okay bow but the trigger sucks. Decided I like the crossbow thing and I've been saving for a nicer bow. I've been looking at the Mission line but the Scorpyds are just calling out to me. Unfortunately the closest dealer is about an hour and a half drive. Would it be foolish for me to spend big bucks on the Scorpyd Vent 150 without a local support shop? There are two Matthews shops within easy drive but that darn Scorpyd is really chewing on me!

#3 ·
Buy the Scorpyd ... from Wyvern. You'll love it. :teeth:

#4 ·
Thanks for the follow-up Iron Duke. David and I have been in contact and if I went the Scorpyd route it would surely be with him and Wyvern Creations. I chose to go with the Mission this time but it doesn't mean I'm not still looking at the Scorpyds! Just going to take a little longer and a little more savings...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.