PDA

View Full Version : Build help newbie

Mathews4ever
May 5th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Hey Folks I would like to build my own camera have been searching for good instructions would like to start real cheap just incase I cannot make it work. So what would the best camera be and board to start out cheap?? Amazon is probably the best place to buy I just have no ideas on where and how to start I have searched and read a few good threads but I am still lost so somone point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance

12-Ringer
May 5th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Lots of places.....first of all you want to grab yourself a camera - there are plenty of choices available for you, but I'd suggest a Sony P32, the are readily available and the camera modification is not overly complicated.

Next the controller board - you can't go wrong with the second generation SnapShot Sniper board. All that you need is a 1" drill bit and you can install the board. Once you have the camera and the controller board selected, you need to get it all in a case. The Pelican 1020 makes an good case for a first timer. You need to drill holes for the glass and perhaps a security tube depending on your needs. You will need closed cell foam for the flash gasket and most add an upgraded rope seal. You will also need a shutter assembly, it makes the camera modification much more manageable.

Please understand that I have over-simplified this a bit, but shoot me a PM and I am more than glad to offer more detailed support if needed.

Gary can help you with all of the components (short of the camera) at www.snapshotsniper.com.

If you are interested, I do have several kits available....kits that are as simple as all of the components needed (without the camera) and you have to do the measuring, drilling etc....., to kits that require no drilling or soldering and do include the camera and you do is "plug and play".

Again I am glad to help in any way that I can from advice, to kits, to complete builds. Feel free to check out wwwthe12-ring.com and use the contact us link or send me PM here...

Hope this helps a little.

Joe

Mathews4ever
May 6th, 2014, 06:58 AM
Thanks Joe I'll be in touch soon

buckshot164
June 18th, 2014, 08:17 AM
The P32 can be had for a nice price. Easy hack and easy build. You can find info at www.diytrailcams.com