PDA

View Full Version : String noise on Razor Edge

qtrbubble
May 7th, 2014, 01:41 PM
I have 3 kids that shoot Diamond Razor Edge bows with the original strings. Just bought my wife a Razor with after market Octane strings. Her bow is set at 24.5" DL and about 34lbs right now. It is incredibly noisy! Compared to my kids bows, hers sounds like a dang guitar! The guys at our local archery shop looked over the bow & said they've seen that before with after market strings. The fact that she's new to archery and not pulling a lot of weight doesn't help either. We do have some string silencers on there but the noise is driving her crazy. Any suggestions at all would be welcome!

mhill
May 7th, 2014, 02:05 PM
if its that annoying to her she would have to increase weight or get a after market string stop the attaches to the stabilizer mount.

Something like this... multiple companies make them. http://www.huntonly.com/articles/2006/09/sts-shock-terminator-suppresso.html

buckdoehunter
May 7th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Razor Edge is noisy without a string stop. My daughters has strings from ProLine and a string stop from STS, her specs are almost identical to yours. It is whisper quiet and I really do mean that. Also has small cat whiskers only on the strings,

terry@48
May 16th, 2014, 09:40 PM
Just bought new Diamond Core. Shooting tight groups. Bow is noisy ! It has plain vanilla stabilizer. I have not put any string silencers on yet ! any advise?