PDA

View Full Version : Western PA Whitetail Hunting Opportunity

AppalachianNick
September 8th, 2005, 11:28 PM
At a meeting this evening with my co-owners, we have decided to open our QDM property to outsiders for the 2005 Pennsylvania archery season, which runs from October 1 to November 12. We agreed upon a rate of $250, which will allow you access for the ENTIRE SEASON. Believe me, we know it's a steal, but we wanted to try it out and see how it goes.

For a more detailed description of the opportunity, go to www.appalachianwhitetails.com and click on the "Hunt our Property" link. I will field general questions via e-mail only initially, then by phone at my descretion. My e-mail is available on the website. Serious inquirys only please. There will only be four passes sold! This is a really nice opportunity for someone who has never had an opportunity to hunt some great bucks in western Pennsylvania. Membership in organizations such as the United Bowhunters of Pennsylvania (or other state) or Quality Deer Management Association are preferred, but it's not a requirement.

Nick

Kickin_Killa
September 8th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Why do ynz call it Appalachian Whitetails ? Not 1 square foot of Indiana Co. runs into the Appalachian Mountain range . Should have called it Chestnut Ridge Whitetails . It even sounds better .

AppalachianNick
September 9th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Actually, all of Indiana County and nearly all of Pennsylvania lies within the Appalachian Mountain range. The Appalachians actually begin in northeastern Mississippi, then move through Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, North Carolina, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New York.

The Chestnut Ridge is part of the Laurel Mountains that are part of the Appalachian Range. The same can be said for the Smokies in Tennessee and the Nittany Mountains in central PA. See this graphic of the Appalachian Range: http://www.appalachianwhitetails.com/images/linksymbols/appalachians.JPG

SgtBoneCrusher
September 9th, 2005, 08:31 AM
I agree with both of you on the appalachian thing......but I do hunt the Mountains when I come home from leave...up in the Dubois area.....Indiana doesnt have the "Mountains" per se, but there are some big hills caused by some crazy glacier movement........but in general, they are in the appalachian area.......how's Pa lookin' this year for hunting? Ga opens tomorrow.............here are some pics on my lease

AppalachianNick
September 9th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Thanks for sharing the photos. They look great. As for hunting Pennsylvania this year, the forecast is really good. We had a mild winter, which was the first one since antler restrictions were implemented. I have had more people show me photos and video of excellent bucks than I can ever remember in the past. Everyone around here is very excited about the upcoming season. I'm predicting that at least one PA record will fall this year.

DuBois has some great area. I have family at Treasure Lake, so I'm familiar with the area. Thanks for the post, and good luck.

Jeremy Loop
October 2nd, 2005, 01:24 PM
I live just down 286 from you. The first day of the season i could not get a shot on a very nice 12pt. He hung around for a while and i could guess that his spread was at least 25" and his tines were about 12" to 15". There are a lot of "BIG" bucks around this area. On my families land we have 3 acres planted and we have seen some nice bucks as a direct result of this. Happy hunting and good luck.

AppalachianNick
October 2nd, 2005, 05:37 PM
Sounds like you had a pretty good day then. I saw 24 deer in the morning alone, and 8 different bucks. Two of the bucks were shooters, but not quite big enough for this early in the season. I shot them with the camera instead :teeth: .

Good luck.

Jeremy Loop
October 4th, 2005, 10:05 PM
It sounds like you had a good day too. I was on my way to my stand and I came up on a nice 8 pointer. I could not quite get to my stand because he was only 30 yards from my stand. Too bad I didnt get a shot on him. He was really nice. It would have worked well for my first buck with a bow.
Happy hunting

Jeremy

Bullshooter
October 20th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Where are you located in Indiana County ?? I lived and worked there for 5 1/2 years and have never heard of you guys.

AppalachianNick
October 23rd, 2005, 10:31 PM
Our property is located near Clarksburg. Appalachian Whitetails (my company) is located just outside of Greensburg. That's where we manufacture Apparition hunting scents.