PDA

View Full Version : Latest Upgrade...Anti-Torque Rod

Glenn58
June 12th, 2014, 03:46 PM
I decided to make another upgrade to the Outlaw...an Anti-Torque Cable Slide Rod. The one I purchased it the "Hunter" version as it give a little extra vane clearance. It comes with a Bomar Slide but I decide to use the Saunders Hyper Slide I had previously purchased. It installed easy enough. You do have to mark the stock rod before pulling it so you know where to cut the new one to length. It comes with instructions and is very clear as to how to do it. So far I'm happy with it. It does seem to improve the draw cycle and lefts and rights.

The round donut on the rod came with the Saunders. I decided to use it on the new rod as it acts as a dampener.

I purchased it here...http://shop.centercirclearchery.com/

Blake R
June 13th, 2014, 02:14 AM
Thanks, I'll have to check them out. I installed an apache on my Outlaw and changed the cable guard, now I'm getting some fetching contact.

Blake R
June 13th, 2014, 02:15 AM
Did you go with the hunter or standard version?

Glenn58
June 13th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Hunter version. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to have an issue with vane clearance. I spoke with the owner and wanted to know the pros and cons between the two versions. Bottom line was there is no difference in "torque" elimination...you just get more vane clearance because of the shape of the rod.

One thing you'll have with these rods is the cables will move slightly into your sight window. I look right through my pin and focus on the target and it doesn't bother me at all. I just forgot to mention it in the original post.

Glenn58
June 13th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Thanks, I'll have to check them out. I installed an apache on my Outlaw and changed the cable guard, now I'm getting some fetching contact.

What cable guard did you go with?

Blake R
June 13th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Honestly, a cheap PSE one because I wanted something blue and it's the only one I could find1972038

Glenn58
June 13th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Honestly, a cheap PSE one because I wanted something blue and it's the only one I could find

The new rod ships with a "Bomar Slide" which is nice. It's black. I had a Saunders HyperGlide already so I just used that. The Bomar is in the "Archery" toolbox and ready for duty if called up.

I see you removed the stock grip. I shot it that way to see how I liked it. I did and ended up ordering a set of custom side plates from http://www.torqueless.com/ ...love them!

Blake R
June 13th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Plan on getting a set of Torqueless. I like shooting off the riser, except for that sharp edge at the bottom of the shelf. How's that apache working out for you? I haven't got to shoot much since I installed mine. Nowhere to shoot down here.

Glenn58
June 13th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Plan on getting a set of Torqueless. I like shooting off the riser, except for that sharp edge at the bottom of the shelf. How's that apache working out for you? I haven't got to shoot much since I installed mine. Nowhere to shoot down here.

I'm fortunate to have 56' clear in my basement so I've shot it a ton. I think it's a great rest. It's easy to tune, built like a tank and overall I've had great results with it shooting in league and 3D. Overall the Outlaw is a very good bow. I've had guys comment at 3D shoots that my arrows come off the bow really clean and look like darts heading to the target. I've made a lot of upgrades to the bow so I know it's a combination of things. This will be my hunting rig for a while. I am seriously looking at a dedicated target and 3D bow though. Waiting to see what's unveiled for 2015.

itsashooter
June 13th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Looks good. Think I will order one for my outlaw.

Diamond113
August 17th, 2014, 10:56 PM
Just wanted to say I got a 2013 outlaw model and did the Saunders hyper slide and the bomar draw stop and feel like its all set up now. I got this bow about 2 months ago and have played with the setup a bit. I really like how this shoots

BSM87
August 27th, 2014, 11:40 PM
The more I hear ya'll talking about the Outlaw the more I want one! I am waiting for some funds to come in but when they do, I hope there are still a few on the shelf because I think I'm sold on it.

The "Apache" that ya'll are referring to, is that the arrow rest?

RedneckKajun
August 28th, 2014, 10:06 AM
What's your draw length Glen58?

Glenn58
August 29th, 2014, 03:10 PM
What's your draw length Glen58?

28.5"...I'm 5-10

Glenn58
August 29th, 2014, 03:12 PM
The more I hear ya'll talking about the Outlaw the more I want one! I am waiting for some funds to come in but when they do, I hope there are still a few on the shelf because I think I'm sold on it.

The "Apache" that ya'll are referring to, is that the arrow rest?

Yes...here's the one I have...http://www.newarchery.com/products/arrow-rests/apache-micro-18/

RedneckKajun
September 2nd, 2014, 12:13 PM
Have you had any issues with your buss cable wearing?

Glenn58
September 3rd, 2014, 08:05 AM
Have you had any issues with your buss cable wearing?

It's really not "wearing", in my case the serving has "spread" a tiny bit where it rolls over the draw length module. The serving isn't worn or cut. I keep a little string wax on it and I'm not worried about it.

RedneckKajun
September 3rd, 2014, 09:09 AM
At my 27" DL mine separated down to bare string on a brand new set of 60X strings after about 100 shots. Doesn't seem like guys with longer dl's are having as many issues. I sent the bow back to Bowtech. I've had my buss cable reserved 4 times already. I've got to have something i can shoot regularly and hunt with and it ain't gitting it. I'm curious if they'll let me trade up to a carbon cure.

Glenn58
September 3rd, 2014, 03:54 PM
At my 27" DL mine separated down to bare string on a brand new set of 60X strings after about 100 shots. Doesn't seem like guys with longer dl's are having as many issues. I sent the bow back to Bowtech. I've had my buss cable reserved 4 times already. I've got to have something i can shoot regularly and hunt with and it ain't gitting it. I'm curious if they'll let me trade up to a carbon cure.

I have custom strings on mine from Archeryshack and there has been a little spreading but no damage to the serving or strings. If you're the original owner then it's warranted, so if they can't correct it then they should allow you to trade up. I wonder if they could install the throttle cam from the Cure??? Just a thought. I tried the Cure and personally didn't like the feel of the grip. My next bow will be an Obsession once the 2015s are out. The Outlaw will strictly be a hunting rig.

Zixer
September 3rd, 2014, 04:17 PM
I have a set of Korbin strings on my Outlaw and am using a NAP Apache rest. I am pulling 29 DL and have not had a single issue with it in over 3000 shots.

RedneckKajun
September 4th, 2014, 10:23 AM
The 29" DL or longer must be the ticket then. Yes i'm the original owner. I shot a carbon knight the other day and it was super sweet. I can get used to the grip. I don't think the throttle cam is on the knights or the cures; it's a completely new cam.

Glenn58
September 4th, 2014, 10:35 AM
The 29" DL or longer must be the ticket then. Yes i'm the original owner. I shot a carbon knight the other day and it was super sweet. I can get used to the grip. I don't think the throttle cam is on the knights or the cures; it's a completely new cam.

Let me know how you make out with Diamond...hopefully they'll let you upgrade!

RedneckKajun
September 4th, 2014, 05:15 PM
They said since i bought it on ebay it has no warranty. He told me i could give them my bow and he'd sell me a cure for $500........right. I'd rather pay $20-30 and get the cable reserved and sell the bow for a reasonable amount to someone with a longer draw length. Guess that was a waste of $60 shipping charges.

Glenn58
September 4th, 2014, 10:07 PM
That sucks!
Did you buy it new through a Diamond Dealer off eBay?
I bought my at BassPro and never looked on eBay to see if any dealers were selling online. Maybe you can contact the dealer you bought if from and go that route.

RedneckKajun
September 5th, 2014, 12:22 PM
I thought i remember it being a dealer out of PA but the bowtech guy told me that their dealers are not allowed to sell their bows on "auction" sites. I'll probably just sell it since bowtech has no fix for their mistake and buy a carbon knight.

Diamond113
September 5th, 2014, 09:03 PM
I had a little serving separation on mine took it to the dealer who said that re serving it was fine not damaged. I told him I was going to put the bomar stop on he said well if I don't see it on there if you have a warrenty issue then .... so I bought one and love the solid back wall.

ARGB
September 7th, 2014, 06:09 PM

I've seen the same issue on the Cure as well. It is the shorter DL