PDA

View Full Version : infinite edge - just for beginners ?

leadandlace
June 13th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Okay so i am a medum/small framed female so naturally i was looking for a lower but adjustable draw weight.
I shot the diamond infinite edge the other night and i loved it. It was very smooth, felt very comfortable and came with all the bells and whistles. It really seems like the ideal beginner bow that will grow with me.

However i am wondering if it will grow as much as i want it to- im an avid hunter i would eventually like to hunt with it. White tail, mule deer, ect. Does anyone know if it packs enough punch to do some big game hunting ? What would i need to do to get it to that point? Or is it just for beginning target shooters?

Ive read tons of specs and reviews but would really like to hear from yall about this.

Thanks

Glenn58
June 13th, 2014, 05:57 PM
A friend of mine who is new to archery just picked one up. It's an entry level bow that's plenty capable of dropping most decent size game. It has a max draw weight of 70# so with the appropriate arrow and blade that bow has plenty of punch, not that you'll be shooting at that draw weight. However a properly placed arrow at 45-50# draw you'll be fine.

If you really enjoy the sport I'm sure you'll eventually want to move on to another bow. Companies like Obsession have bows strictly designed for women...http://www.obsessionbows.com/products.html

The weakest part of that package is the rest. You'll benefit with an upgrade there for sure.
For now get out shooting and enjoy it!!!

leadandlace
June 13th, 2014, 06:23 PM
A friend of mine who is new to archery just picked one up. It's an entry level bow that's plenty capable of dropping most decent size game. It has a max draw weight of 70# so with the appropriate arrow and blade that bow has plenty of punch, not that you'll be shooting at that draw weight. However a properly placed arrow at 45-50# draw you'll be fine.

If you really enjoy the sport I'm sure you'll eventually want to move on to another bow. Companies like Obsession have bows strictly designed for women...http://www.obsessionbows.com/products.html

The weakest part of that package is the rest. You'll benefit with an upgrade there for sure.
For now get out shooting and enjoy it!!!

Thanks so much !i will definitely check out that link.
I figured there was a good possibility that i was asking way too much out of a bow but it sounds like this will definitely be a good start.

Eman88
June 13th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Have you determined a ballpark estimate of your draw length? Once you have check out this here. It's a database of most bows and using a ratio finds ideal bows that have a good axle to axle and brace height for your draw length. It happens to be set on Athens currently.
http://www.bowdb.com/#/bows?manu=Athens&dl=29

deadduck357
June 13th, 2014, 07:16 PM
My daughter really likes her IE. It is a very adjustable bow. The sight suck though and it should be replaced with a better one.

kerrye
June 14th, 2014, 10:52 PM
I've had my Infinite Edge for a year and a half. I don't consider it an "entry level bow" but an "exit level bow". I started shooting in the fifties. Shot in the '64 European Field Archery Championships in Bad Tolz, Germany. Lost track of how many bows I've had. Sold four compounds when I bought the IE and have enjoyed it so much I can't see my needing another bow. I'll be 72 this year and surely, it will last me as long as I can still get up in a tree stand or pack in a ground blind for turkeys.

loveha
June 15th, 2014, 12:50 AM
Have you also looked into the Bowtech Fuel? I have read of a few people who sold their IE for the Fuel because it was slightly better. It does cost slightly more though.
http://www.bowtecharchery.com/#/productBreakdown?r=products_pr oducts&i=59

#40Fan
June 15th, 2014, 01:41 AM
The DIE and Fuel are 10 fps difference and a $100. Same bow otherwise, minus different cams.

My wife and I both shoot a DIE and even though I have a Bowtech RPM 360 in the stable, I still consider the DIE to be a great bow. Especially for the money.

Whiplash07
August 25th, 2014, 10:04 PM
My wife shot the Infinite Edge side by side with the Bowtech Fuel and liked the Fuel better...might wanna check it out

handirifle
August 26th, 2014, 12:21 AM
I have shot bows since I was 8 years old, am 61 now. I have hunted with recurves and compounds and if there is an animal out there (in the USA) that you cannot kill with that bow, it's not the bows fault. At 70lb draw, or even 60 for that matter, use a heavy arrow, NOT a light one, unless you are strictly after thin skinned game. Even on deer, I would shoot a 400gr min arrow for 60lb draw weight. I know some might disagree, but with a bow rated for 310 IBO, it would pack a lot more punch than my 55lb recurve. This spring I used my 55lb recurve and 700gr arrows, sporting 300gr single bevel heads to drop a 300lb boar. He ran about 5ft before falling. He did this several times and traveled 20yds before dying. I shot that arrow through his left front shoulder, through the gristle, and into both lungs. That shot was from 10yds, on the ground.

Does some one think that a bow as capable as the IE will somehow NOT do the job? Think of the hundreds of thousands of big game killed before there even were compounds, and compounds store considerably more energy, pound for pound, than a recurve. My recurve shoots my heavy arrows at a whopping 160fps. I am sure the IE would be well over 200 with the same arrow. I would not hesitate to use either one on an elk.

WAY too much emphasis now days is put on speed and not enough on penetration and accuracy.

Now if folks were saying these bows were not accurate, or consistent than that is another matter. My Mathews Q2XL (60lb) is no arrow burner either, but it gets the job done as well.

In my humble opinion, if you want high speed, and very light weight arrows, shoot foam animals. Just my $.02.

handirifle
August 26th, 2014, 12:27 AM
Here's Mr. porky (the one on the right in the pic. :wink:)

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/handirifle/Bigpig2013_zps9ab59f73.jpg

handirifle
August 26th, 2014, 12:34 AM
I defend that bow, partly because I plan on buying one. I shoot LH but due to a slow growing cataract in my left eye, I will have to switch to RH and it seems like the perfect bow to do it with. It will allow me to grow with it, as you mention. I can shoot 45lb recurve RH already but would like to get back up to my 60lb on the compound, since all my arrows are made for that already.

I can shoot my sons 55lb longbow but not as long as I would like. The IE will let me start at 45 and work up and NOT have to buy a new bow on the way. Plus I like the light weight. I am sick of heavy compounds.

thebeard
September 4th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Just picked up another IE after mine was lost in a truck rollover. Love everything about this bow. Upgraded the sight to a Trophy Ridge React and its back to the woods. I'm 5'11", 255 lbs and use this bow to hunt medium to large game.......you will have no problem hunting with it at all.

Fendrick
September 4th, 2014, 07:35 PM
It is a good value bow that will work just fine for hunting. My son and daughter have hunted with one. My daughter will be using hers in the next couple weeks for Wisconsin whitetail.

FPT
September 4th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Great little bow.Recently purchased one for daughter and she loves it.