PDA

View Full Version : Black Ice cam same as Marquis?

theoutlaw82
June 24th, 2014, 01:51 AM
I just got a 2008 Marquis from my little brother as part of the down payment on a truck he's buying from me. I got it home and noticed that the bottom cam was a little bent and after a google search found out that it's common and that the DUP cam is discontinued. So I looked on ebay and found a DP cam from a Black Ice. The 2008 Diamond manual says both bows used a Pinnacle cam so I'm a little confused. Are these the same cam and just use different modules or are they completely different? If not what's the difference and is it easily swappable to the Marquis as a replacement for my bent one?

mossihornslayer
June 24th, 2014, 08:28 AM
contact crackers on here he might be able to help

theoutlaw82
June 24th, 2014, 08:22 PM
I'll definitely have to contact him. I did find that the Nitrous uses the Marquis riser and limbs with the Black Ice cam with a cable slide instead of the roller setup. So this looks like a good option. I'm gonna keep the roller setup though if possible. I'm also gonna see about having the factory cam straightened at a machine shop if its possible or maybe tested somewhere to see what the defect is in these cams since it always happens in the same spot. Considering that and the fact the Pinnacle5 was only used for like 2 years is very suspicious to me. There is a weakness in it somewhere. Either a poor design or poor quality aluminum.

theoutlaw82
June 29th, 2014, 01:27 AM
Does anybody know if the Marquis, Nitrous, and Black Ice use the same idler wheel? I can't find any part numbers on my Marquis one and the Black Ice cam I'm looking at doesn't have the idler wheel with it.