PDA

View Full Version : Diamond IE Timing Marks

KenHo
June 25th, 2014, 10:30 PM
Hello all - I've got a 2013 Diamond IE and am fairly happy with it.... for a short bow. My question, in the manual it shows the cable center between the two dots for the "A" timing mark. I'm using the "A" setting, so would expect the cable to be centered between the two dots, but they're not. The cable is center over the dot away from the "A" mark. Is this a problem? Should I be adjusting to get cable center between the two dots? If so, what do I adjust?

Both cams have the cable centered on the same dot. With the bow in draw board, the cable stops are close - the bottom will touch perhaps an 1/8" before the top cable stop. I've got draw length set to module No. 1.5 for a 29.5" draw length. A couple months ago (several hundred shots ago) I twisted cables until both cable stops with VERY close to same..... 1/32" difference? The brace height is 6-15/16" - very close to the spec'd 7" BH.

Thanks for any guidance on the timing marks.

Ken H>

gettinold
June 25th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Your fine. I might try to get top and bottom hitting closer by adding 1/2 twist on top or taking out 1/2 twist on bottom

KenHo
June 26th, 2014, 09:13 AM
"gettinold" - hmmmm, that sure describes a lot of us folks! Hey, "Getting Old" is a LOTS better than the alternative!

Thanks for the info - I was thinking it would be ok for the timing marks, but would have liked to get the exact. Not sure how to change them other than take a few twists from string to allow cams to rotate back a bit.

I've got a new set of strings on ordered - perhaps another week or so for delivery. I'm waiting for new strings to get cams hitting at exact same time.

Thanks again,

Ken H>