PDA

View Full Version : Infinite edge adjustability

terry13111
June 26th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Hello. I am thinking about purchasing an infinite edge for my 12 year old son. My question is how easy is it to adjust the IE through it's whole range of adjustments? He will obviously be growing with this bow and I was wondering if I will be able to adjust it completely by myself. Thanks!

DarkFedaykin
June 26th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Yes you can, if you know how to adjust bows in general, you can adjust it top to bottom without replacing parts

JRAINEY
June 26th, 2014, 09:21 PM
Very easy!!!!!
Just be sure to the same thing at both cams.

chukncarbon
June 26th, 2014, 10:22 PM
I have a black infinite edge that I bought for my wife. 10 shots on it, and she said sell it. Let me know if you're looking to buy used.... if you can call it used.

COssman14
June 27th, 2014, 01:15 AM
I have a black infinite edge that I bought for my wife. 10 shots on it, and she said sell it. Let me know if you're looking to buy used.... if you can call it used.

Why are you wanting to sell?

chukncarbon
June 27th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Why are you wanting to sell?

I bought the bow hoping my wife would start shooting, but it just isn't her thing. I have 3 bows of my own, and my sons are 6 and 4, and they both shoot the atomic. For a 12 year old kid, a mother of two, or a grown man, this bow is awesome. The only problem for me is, there is no room left in the stable.

jmaze1
July 1st, 2014, 02:49 PM
I just got an IE as a backup and bowfishing rig. The bow is light and quiet, as well as easily adjustable at home - no press needed. However, I found that when I cranked up the draw weight to the max (bottom out limb bolts and ease off 1/4 turn) the peak weight was only 62 pounds, a pretty far distance from 70!

Checked all the specs: ATA, tiller, brace height, checked cam lean and timing - everything measures out perfect. Diamond support replied that it was probably a tuning issue and I should take it to a dealer. Yeah - ok, I'll do that, but with everything I know how to check coming up aces I just can't believe any kind of tuning correction will gain 8 pounds of draw weight. I wouldn't bother with it, but I planned to use it on gators this year and I really want something over 65 pounds for those heavy arrows and tough hides!

handirifle
August 13th, 2014, 08:24 PM
I was in Dicks Sporting goods this afternoon, and looking at those bows for myself. Wondering if anyone has had one a long time, shooting it at near top draw weight (looking for 60lbs) and thought all the adjustability would be great. I am strongly thinking of switching from LH to RH and at 61 do not want to invest a lot of money into a new bow.

What are the negatives to these bows? I would be shooting it quite a bit, especially to build up my RH shooting form, so I don't want one I'd have to replace in a year or two. Are they up to it?

kerrye
August 19th, 2014, 08:29 AM
I have been shooting mine for almost 20 months. Other than the usual complaints of low quality (price) rest and sight, I haven't found much down side to the IE. I'll be 72 this year and started shooting in the late fifties and I like the IE better than any bow I have owned. Got rid of all the bows I had accumulated, parked my bow press in the corner and started enjoying the bow.

handirifle
August 26th, 2014, 09:38 PM
I shoot with a whisker biscuit and their rest seems about the same as the WB to me. Not sure about the sight though. I wanted to draw it to test smoothness but they cable theirs so you can't draw them. I suppose its to keep someone from dry firing.