Archery Talk Forum banner

Cable adjustment's

476 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  OntarioArch 
#1 ·
This season I added a set of floating yoke cable's and string to my 04 Patriot Dually.Yesterday I noticed that my cam's were both aout of sinc ,so in order to get them in between the hash mark's where there supposed to be I had to add about 4 twist's to each cable to line them up accordingly.
I was shooting Easton Axis'S/T's 400's ,but every once in a while 1 of them would shoot about 8" higher than the other's .Now is it possible for the cable's to be twisted too much ? or maybe I have a bad arrow ,I know I've heard some speak of spline issue's with the Axis's in the past ,but I've had no problem's till now .I'm not even sure if it's the same arrow flying off every once and awhile .What do you guy's think of my cable's being the issue?if it is the cable's, is there an easy way to fix it ?
I'm getting ready to leave for the moose hunt Fri night and hope this isn't a sign of bad thing's to come .

OntarioArch

#2 ·
Mark the arrow and shoot it with all the others. make the mark small enough that it does not influence the way you shoot. shoot five or so rounds and check it. I found one of mine really bad, good luck on the hunt

#3 ·
I just checked all my arrow's that I just recently fletched and I've got a small black mark on one vain on each arrow ,I have a feeling it's my rest that just may be causing this problem .I'll definately check my flyer's next time I'm shooting which will be Fri the day before I leave for 2 week's of moose hunting .Thank's Chad for youre advice .

OntarioArch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.