PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Outlaw locked back???? ya, just what i thought.

HowlingCoyote
July 2nd, 2014, 02:56 PM
Had a customer call me today and say that when he went to shoot his Outlaw, he was at full draw and fired but the arrow just kinda fell off the string and the bow stayed "locked back" for some Godly unknown reason!! I guess by what it sounds like is he then slowly put some floor pressure on the wheel and derailed the string to get the bow down....now he wants to bring it to me tomorrow. Could this be a bearing issue or some other unknown problem with this bow. This is the second customer of mine who is bringing me a Cabela's mess. Any ideas before I take a look at it?:confused:

Darkvador
July 2nd, 2014, 03:21 PM
My buddy had that happen with his Bowtech General. He had to walk back to his house from his range at full draw so his wife could help him. It was a bearing that caused the problem. The bow has been a great bow ever since.

HowlingCoyote
July 2nd, 2014, 03:22 PM
Hey thanks for the quick reply/info I appreciate it!

Darkvador
July 2nd, 2014, 03:35 PM
Oh forgot to tell you that he sent it back to Bowtech to have it fixed. They said the bearing came apart.

unicornslayer
July 2nd, 2014, 04:20 PM
Seen it happen a couple times on the outlaw. Seems like it was something with the mod being loose or maybe the draw stop. It's been a while I try and forget about it.

Huntinsker
July 2nd, 2014, 04:37 PM
Had a customer call me today and say that when he went to shoot his Outlaw, he was at full draw and fired but the arrow just kinda fell off the string and the bow stayed "locked back" for some Godly unknown reason!! I guess by what it sounds like is he then slowly put some floor pressure on the wheel and derailed the string to get the bow down....now he wants to bring it to me tomorrow. Could this be a bearing issue or some other unknown problem with this bow. This is the second customer of mine who is bringing me a Cabela's mess. Any ideas before I take a look at it?:confused:

Your "Cabela's mess" is a Diamond mess. The bow did that because the draw stops are too short on that bow and when there is any bottom cam lean, they can miss the cable and end up on the back side of it. Instead of blaming Cabela's before you even take a look at it why don't you act like an adult and use your head. I've seen this happen on several Outlaws and it is no one's fault but the manufacturer. They even started making slightly larger and longer stops during the last run of the bow. Maybe you should do a little research before you spout off like that. Honestly it makes you sound immature and dumb.

5 seconds worth of searching would have gotten you this thread. http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2010317

HowlingCoyote
July 2nd, 2014, 04:52 PM
Ya know, guys like you should not bother to reply. I have had NUMEROUS bows from Cabela's come my way because those "pro shops" are not pro shops. You want to get into a battle, pick someone else you moron.

Huntinsker
July 2nd, 2014, 05:09 PM
Ya know, guys like you should not bother to reply. I have had NUMEROUS bows from Cabela's come my way because those "pro shops" are not pro shops. You want to get into a battle, pick someone else you moron.

Hey man I've fixed a lot of bows from other places but I'm a professional. I never call any other shop out by name no matter how large they are. It's immature and childish. One reason I don't do it is because I don't know what actually happened at the other shop. In this case, it's a design flaw that you blamed on the retailer. What would happen if people bought stuff at your shop that did the same and the place that they went for help blamed you? You wouldn't be very happy about it. I get stuff all the time that is messed up but I don't slam the shop they got it from because customers sometimes don't tell the whole story. Sometimes they mess with stuff and screw it up and then it looks like the shop screwed it up whether they did or not. Sometimes no matter how much you try to help the customer, they refuse to change. Then they go somewhere else after finally deciding to get some help and when they get to another shop, their DL is way too long because that's how they wanted it. They don't bother to tell the shop that they argued with the tech at the last place and they let the new shop assume that the guy at the other shop is a moron. I guess I know who you would be in this situation. Have a nice day and good luck with that Outlaw. Sounds like you'll need it.

Darkvador
July 2nd, 2014, 05:45 PM
Yikes! The OP just asked a question. No need to get all worked up because he made a comment about Cabelas. Cabela is a big boy, he can take it.

Huntinsker
July 2nd, 2014, 06:27 PM
Yikes! The OP just asked a question. No need to get all worked up because he made a comment about Cabelas. Cabela is a big boy, he can take it.

I may have come down pretty hard but he hadn't even seen the bow and had no idea what was wrong with it before bashing. I also like how the OP said, "This is the second customer of mine who is bringing me a Cabela's mess." and then when responding to me it turned into "NUMEROUS" bows. Kind of makes me question his experience or at least whether or not he tells the truth. We've all seen and heard of poorly set up bows from box stores and pro shops a like. Its because the OP hadn't even laid eyes on the bow before he bashed that rubbed me wrong. Anyway, maybe he'll better represent his business by acting more professionally in the future.

Glenn58
July 7th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Here's how I improved on the tiny draw stop... http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2236345

Whiplash07
July 9th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Is this a common thing with this bow to do...it sounds a little dangerous

Davik
July 9th, 2014, 10:01 PM
Is this a common thing with this bow to do...it sounds a little dangerous
Yes...this particular bow has a history of this...Diamond has fixed the problem on the ones they send us, so this is either an older model bow or someone didn't get the fix...they took the drawstop and lengthened it so the string wouldn't pass by it...very common on this model.

Whiplash07
July 9th, 2014, 11:09 PM
Yes...this particular bow has a history of this...Diamond has fixed the problem on the ones they send us, so this is either an older model bow or someone didn't get the fix...they took the drawstop and lengthened it so the string wouldn't pass iby it...very common on this model.

That's good to know

Whiplash07
July 9th, 2014, 11:25 PM
Is this problem just on the Outlaw or any Diamond bow

Davik
July 10th, 2014, 12:12 AM
We have only experienced this on the Outlaw...and Bowtech was aware of it and sent us new stuff to fix it.

Whiplash07
July 16th, 2014, 08:47 AM
We have only experienced this on the Outlaw...and Bowtech was aware of it and sent us new stuff to fix it.

I see...I would hate to buy an outlaw take it out and it lock up when a big buck comes out lol that would be my luck lol I've heard its a good bow though

Huntinsker
July 16th, 2014, 08:50 AM
I see...I would hate to buy an outlaw take it out and it lock up when a big buck comes out lol that would be my luck lol I've heard its a good bow though

I saw it happen on mostly Outlaws but we sold more of them than other models. I did see it on a Fugitive and a few Deadeyes. The Deadeyes had more problems than you could shake a stick at. If you are looking at purchasing one of these models, I'd look at the Outlaw. It is the only one that got any updates from the factory. In 2013 they finally addressed the problem with the WAY to shallow idler wheel and made a deeper/wider one and they upgraded the draw stop really late in production to make it a little longer and thicker. Look for those changes before purchasing and you should be okay.

Whiplash07
July 16th, 2014, 12:17 PM
I saw it happen on mostly Outlaws but we sold more of them than other models. I did see it on a Fugitive and a few Deadeyes. The Deadeyes had more problems than you could shake a stick at. If you are looking at purchasing one of these models, I'd look at the Outlaw. It is the only one that got any updates from the factory. In 2013 they finally addressed the problem with the WAY to shallow idler wheel and made a deeper/wider one and they upgraded the draw stop really late in production to make it a little longer and thicker. Look for those changes before purchasing and you should be okay.

Appreciate the info...I haven't got to shoot a lot of Bowtech bows (the only one I shot was the Infinite Edge) but Bowtech has always intrigued me ever since I got into archery a few years ago....I like the looks of their bows and really haven't heard a lot of bad stuff about their products other than the RAK package stuff is crap...I'm hoping pretty soon that I can buy my first bow and retire the bow my dad gave me...unfortunately I won't be able to get the money for a bow until after archery season but hopefully I will get it by Xmas and that will give me all next year to get it ready for season

Zixer
July 16th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Your "Cabela's mess" is a Diamond mess. The bow did that because the draw stops are too short on that bow and when there is any bottom cam lean, they can miss the cable and end up on the back side of it. Instead of blaming Cabela's before you even take a look at it why don't you act like an adult and use your head. I've seen this happen on several Outlaws and it is no one's fault but the manufacturer. They even started making slightly larger and longer stops during the last run of the bow. Maybe you should do a little research before you spout off like that. Honestly it makes you sound immature and dumb.

5 seconds worth of searching would have gotten you this thread. http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2010317

Pot meet Kettle....