PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Cure

Whiplash07
July 8th, 2014, 12:51 AM
Does anyone have the Carbon Cure or shot one???? How does it perform?? How smooth is it??? Is it worth the price tag???

al.hunter
July 12th, 2014, 11:08 PM
I have a cure! Shot them several times in the stores before I bought it. It's a great shooting bow. Lightest cheapest carbon bow on the market.

deadduck357
July 15th, 2014, 12:12 AM
Want to pull one but haven't had the chance yet? Looking forward to it though.

Huntinsker
July 15th, 2014, 12:20 AM
I've shot them a lot of times. I like everything but the grip and the vibration on the shot. You need to add mass weight to the bow to absorb the energy. If you shoot it bare or with the RAK package, there is a lot of hand shock. It's going to happen with a bow that's so light.

They draw smoothly and aren't super loud though.

Satalite
July 15th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Just picked up one today. Its light and smooth. Im a novice shooter but found it to be best in that price range for me

deadduck357
July 15th, 2014, 07:54 PM
I've shot them a lot of times. I like everything but the grip and the vibration on the shot. You need to add mass weight to the bow to absorb the energy. If you shoot it bare or with the RAK package, there is a lot of hand shock. It's going to happen with a bow that's so light.

They draw smoothly and aren't super loud though.

I have a Carbon Knight and haven't found these to be an issue. Mine is dead in hand after shot, no vibes.

deadduck357
July 15th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Just picked up one today. Its light and smooth. Im a novice shooter but found it to be best in that price range for me

Well tell us what you think and how it shoots. Post a pic if ya can.

Whiplash07
July 15th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Would this make a decent hunting bow/good first bow??? I'm looking at buying a bow and no matter what I for some reason keep coming back to Bowtech/Diamond....the Cure is just a couple hundred out of my initial price range but if its worth it I will jump on it...I think I have narrowed down my choice to either a Cure or the the Assassin...mainly for hunting...leaning more toward the Assassin cuz I want a black bow....I like black lol

Huntinsker
July 15th, 2014, 08:50 PM
I have a Carbon Knight and haven't found these to be an issue. Mine is dead in hand after shot, no vibes.

I built a set of strings for a buddies Carbon Overdrive when he got it in. We were shooting 430gr arrows out of it to tune with and it had some vibe too. He put a good stab on it and it helped a lot. We have to remember that something like this is subjective. I've been used to shooting an aluminum riser bow with very little vibe, sound or hand shock. A super light riser like the carbon bows have, IMO, just can't absorb the energy like a heavier bow can. I still think that the bows shoot nice, it's just after the shot that I'm not in love with.

deadduck357
July 15th, 2014, 11:03 PM
I built a set of strings for a buddies Carbon Overdrive when he got it in. We were shooting 430gr arrows out of it to tune with and it had some vibe too. He put a good stab on it and it helped a lot. We have to remember that something like this is subjective. I've been used to shooting an aluminum riser bow with very little vibe, sound or hand shock. A super light riser like the carbon bows have, IMO, just can't absorb the energy like a heavier bow can. I still think that the bows shoot nice, it's just after the shot that I'm not in love with.

I thought one of the advantage of a carbon riser compared to an Al was its ability to absorb vibrations better. ?

deadduck357
July 15th, 2014, 11:05 PM
Would this make a decent hunting bow/good first bow??? I'm looking at buying a bow and no matter what I for some reason keep coming back to Bowtech/Diamond....the Cure is just a couple hundred out of my initial price range but if its worth it I will jump on it...I think I have narrowed down my choice to either a Cure or the the Assassin...mainly for hunting...leaning more toward the Assassin cuz I want a black bow....I like black lol

You best try both and see which you like better.

Huntinsker
July 15th, 2014, 11:15 PM
I thought one of the advantage of a carbon riser compared to an Al was its ability to absorb vibrations better. ?

I'm not sure that has ever been a noted benefit with the type of carbon composite that Bowtech uses. That maybe could be said for the Hoyt carbon bows but they aren't as light as Bowtechs. The lighter something is, the less efficient it will be at absorbing energy. Think of it like a baseball bat. If you held a bat out and a fastball hit it, would you feel more vibration in a bat that weighed 20oz or one that weighed 20lbs? Heavier objects are simply more efficient at absorbing energy and in general, solid aluminum is more efficient at absorbing energy than carbon composite.

deadduck357
July 15th, 2014, 11:46 PM
The lighter something is, the less efficient it will be at absorbing energy.

I would agree with this if we were talking about the same material.

These new air-infused firearm buttpads (like Limbsaver and such) are lighter and not as dense as the older more solid rubber ones but they absorb up to like 70% more recoil.

I'm no composite engineer so I'm just curious.

Huntinsker
July 16th, 2014, 12:08 AM
I would agree with this if we were talking about the same material.

These new air-infused firearm buttpads (like Limbsaver and such) are lighter and not as dense as the older more solid rubber ones but they absorb up to like 70% more recoil.

I'm no composite engineer so I'm just curious.

The recoil pad isn't really a good example because they dissipate energy by changing shape basically like a spring would. A bow riser should be as stiff as possible so it shouldn't absorb energy in the same way. That's why some manufacturers incorporate rubber into their riser like the Mathews harmonic dampener. The rubber would be like your recoil pad and the riser would be like the stock on firearm. The mass weight of a rifle can absorb a lot of recoil if it's heavy enough in the same way a heavier bow riser can absorb energy. That's why composite stock rifles of the same caliber typically have more felt recoil than a nice heavy walnut stock.

creepworm
July 16th, 2014, 12:35 AM
The first time I ever shot a bow I ended up walking out of the shop with a Carbon Cure, so I am by no means an expert and take my review with a grain of salt.

The bow seems to draw smooth and is decently fast. I was happy at first with the RAK package, but have replaced everything included with that package besides the stabilizer, but may replace that soon. I will say that there is some vibration after the shot, it does not seem terrible but it is there.

Overall, I like this bow quite a bit. I shot my buddies Experience and like that quite a bit more, but the cure seems like a real nice bow at a considerably smaller price tag. For a hunting bow, I think it will fit the bill nicely.

deadduck357
July 16th, 2014, 12:57 AM
The recoil pad isn't really a good example because they dissipate energy by changing shape basically like a spring would. A bow riser should be as stiff as possible so it shouldn't absorb energy in the same way. That's why some manufacturers incorporate rubber into their riser like the Mathews harmonic dampener. The rubber would be like your recoil pad and the riser would be like the stock on firearm. The mass weight of a rifle can absorb a lot of recoil if it's heavy enough in the same way a heavier bow riser can absorb energy. That's why composite stock rifles of the same caliber typically have more felt recoil than a nice heavy walnut stock.

Yeah I was just using the recoil pad as a reference of some composite material. But your analogy of polymer stocks and solid wood may hold some validity.

deadduck357
July 16th, 2014, 12:59 AM
The first time I ever shot a bow I ended up walking out of the shop with a Carbon Cure, so I am by no means an expert and take my review with a grain of salt.

The bow seems to draw smooth and is decently fast. I was happy at first with the RAK package, but have replaced everything included with that package besides the stabilizer, but may replace that soon. I will say that there is some vibration after the shot, it does not seem terrible but it is there.

Overall, I like this bow quite a bit. I shot my buddies Experience and like that quite a bit more, but the cure seems like a real nice bow at a considerably smaller price tag. For a hunting bow, I think it will fit the bill nicely.

Sounds like it may make you a good hunting rig.

Huntinsker
July 16th, 2014, 08:33 AM

I agree that it's a good hunting bow. It's super light, has a smooth draw and is plenty fast enough. Just with the vibe on the shot, I wouldn't want to shoot it all day.

Phil Rathmell
July 30th, 2014, 05:19 PM
I went to my local Bowtech/Diamond shop and shot one along with the Bowtech Carbon Knight and Overdrive and i really did not notice said vibration in any of them. Im no professional archer and am decently new to the sport but my bow i own currently has hand shock that is 10X worse then any bow ive ever shot before. When i go to buy a replacement bow i will be looking at the carbon cure it draws nice and smooth as alot of single cams have been known for and i like the super light weight frame i do however wish it was a lil faster but speed is not everything.

deadduck357
July 30th, 2014, 08:49 PM
I went to my local Bowtech/Diamond shop and shot one along with the Bowtech Carbon Knight and Overdrive and i really did not notice said vibration in any of them. When i go to buy a replacement bow i will be looking at the carbon cure it draws nice and smooth as alot of single cams have been known for and i like the super light weight frame i do however wish it was a lil faster but speed is not everything.

I agree with ya.

c3hammer
July 30th, 2014, 09:47 PM
I shot a few shots with a Carbon Knight today and walked out of the store with one too !!! I've been around this game for a long time and have had a dozen or so new bows and this thing is a shooter. Same 275 fps, but at only 61 lbs, 27.5" draw with a 410 grain arrow. My previous PSE Vendetta needed 62 lbs and a 350 grain arrow to get 275 fps. I was super impressed with how smooth it shot. Zero vibration. I didn't shoot a Carbon Cure so I can't comment there, but I'd suggest Huntinsker is the odd man out here.

I've been designing and molding long fiber carbon composite parts since 1987. Knowing these materials so well, I'm surprised that no one has made a riser out of it before. It will be interesting to see what the long term performance is of these things.

Hoping to stick one of these two bulls I filmed last week with it in a little over a month :)
http://youtu.be/egzPchQeh9g

Cheers,
Pete

Whiplash07
August 25th, 2014, 10:39 PM
I hope they keep the Carbon Cure for 2015 but add a few more color options...would really like to get this bow in black