PDA

View Full Version : IE cam timing marks

FPT
August 29th, 2014, 10:54 PM
After reading the countless positive reviews I just purchased an IE for my daughter.The draw length and weight are set but I notice the string is sitting just outside the" A" cam timing marks.The manual states that the cable should be within the marks.Is this an issue?Is it easily adjusted?Also is there online instructions for adjusting the Apex sight.This is our first foray into the world of compound bow's so will be a learning experience.

Thanks.

deadduck357
August 29th, 2014, 11:31 PM
Timing marks are just a general "zone". You want both of the draw stops to hit at the same time at full draw. This has to be done on a draw board or draw machine thing. These are usually found at your local pro shop.

When adjusting your sight just remember to "chase the arrow". (If your arrow is hitting to the left adjust the sight/pin left.)

FPT
August 29th, 2014, 11:56 PM
Thanks DD so then the outside timing marks is a non issue as long as its the same on both cams?As for the 3 individual pins on the sight, I assume are they adjusted separately for different yardages?

deadduck357
August 30th, 2014, 12:12 AM
If they're close at rest then I wouldn't worry about it. When your at a pro shop get them to check and adjust (if needed) at full draw.

I'm sorry to tell you but the stock sight that comes on the IE just plain sucks. Best thing to do is change it out for another. We changed my daughters on her IE and she's very happy now.
It is adjustable but it works on some crazy cam base. So when you lower the aperture you also have to adjust the base or the pins will be pointing at the ground or whatever. It's a mess. To adjust left/right loosen where the base attaches to the aperture and tap in the direction needed and re-tighten. Adjust the base and aperture for large increments and adjust you pins for fine tuning.

deadduck357
August 30th, 2014, 12:18 AM
Oh and I'm not knocking Apex Gear or TruGlo, I actually prefer their sights. Just that one is ridiculous and they should abandon it down the rabbit hole. You can make it work for a little while but anytime you want to adjust the nightmare begins again.

FPT
August 30th, 2014, 12:22 AM
Thanks , I have read the sight was not great and plan to eventually upgrade to something like a Tru glo storm or Trophy Ridge punisher 5.

deadduck357
August 30th, 2014, 12:25 AM
There are soooooo many good sights available. Just realize, depending on her age, keep it simple. Like a 3 or 4 pin sight. To many pins will confuse them.

FPT
August 30th, 2014, 12:55 AM
Good point since she will be hunting with it when she gets to where she can shoot proficiently at 40lbs.The less visual clutter in the heat of battle the better.

Rcshauger
September 1st, 2014, 12:57 AM
Have the pro shop set the timing. Compound bows are like sports cars: when they are out of tune they can get ugly and break. Take your daughter in and have them sight it in with her.

FPT
September 1st, 2014, 01:29 AM
Thanks,I think we have the sighting in sorted out.I may take it in to see if there is a timing issue.