PDA

View Full Version : DeadEye owners, I need your help!

Chase4556
August 31st, 2014, 09:49 AM
Hey guys. Currently deployed, and do not have my DeadEye handy. I am ordering some stuff to be sitting at the house when I get back, and was wondering if someone could take some measurments for me.

Looking to get some Bowjax for both my string stop rod, and the circular cutouts in the riser. If someone could measure the diameter of their STOCK carbon string stop rod, and then the circular cutouts at the top and bottom of the riser(I'd assume they will be the same size) I would be much appreciative. I will attach a picture just to clarify the holes I am asking about.

Yall like my Paint skills?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/chase4556/deadeye_zpsb8107b21.jpg

E.Zeller
September 1st, 2014, 10:51 AM
The stop rod and both holes all measure the same at 3/8 inch.

THANK YOU for your service, and stay safe. Eric

Chase4556
September 1st, 2014, 02:13 PM
Thanks! I appreciate you getting those for me.

Anytime, can't wait to get back and get in the woods.

Vermontster0341
September 3rd, 2014, 08:30 PM
For your string stop i would go with the "1012 slimjax guide dampener" it is more of a narrow "X" shape than square so it doesnt hit your arm while you are drawing or at full draw. thats what i have on mine, works well.

Chase4556
September 8th, 2014, 12:45 PM
For your string stop i would go with the "1012 slimjax guide dampener" it is more of a narrow "X" shape than square so it doesnt hit your arm while you are drawing or at full draw. thats what i have on mine, works well.

I wish I would have seen this before I ordered them. I will see how it goes, and if they touch my arm I will sell them to my buddy and buy the slim jax.

Jimrice67
October 12th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Hi I'm Jim and have a new 2013 fear no evil wich from what I've been told is the same bow you have. I have a question if you don't mind I have only had the bow two or three weeks and was sighting it in at 30 yards an bottom limb separated. I Have sent the bow back and they are replacing the limb. My question is do you know if this is a common problem with this bow or have you had any problems with yours ? thanks for info
P.s. Other than the limb I have really enjoyed shooting it.

Southbound
October 15th, 2014, 01:51 AM
I have a deadeye and have put probably 300-400 shots thru it...no problems what so ever....I hate ur having these problems let me know how it works out

BackroadBowyer
October 18th, 2014, 04:14 AM
Jim -

I accidentally dry fired my 60lb dead eye at full draw. :mg: It didn't even derail. I still have a nice mark on my support hand 3 months later from where a brass nocking point hit me and my peep site vaporized... But I haven't heard of a limb separating since I was into vintage recurves! My bow was totally fine, I give my limbjax full credit for that one. Needless to say, I didn't shoot it again until I went to the pro shop in town and had them look at it. I promptly bought a TrueFire draw check tool (safety release). No more oopsies at full draw! I've since killed the first deer I shot at with it. :)

Back to the original post, both of my compounds have those holes in the riser with a hexhead indentation around them like a hex nut would countersink into them. What are those used for??

ETA: I've certainly put over 1,500 arrows through mine in the 7 months I've owned it and it's still flinging them like a champ.