PDA

View Full Version : black ice or marquis?

kalifornia
September 2nd, 2014, 08:43 AM
Im a new shooter, Ill probably just shoot in my back yard. I have found these two models (new old stock) both are priced about the same. which would make a more enjoyable all around bow, which has a better track record, and can both be completely serviced by a d.i.y. er? I know there are more things to consider when buying an older bow for example can parts still be purchased etc. so all adivce would be great. Im 6ft ,200lbs. both bows are 29" I don't know what my dl is, but according to a chart I could be in between 28" to 29". Im glad to join the forum and thanks for the help

scottiwad4
September 2nd, 2014, 10:31 AM
I don't have any experience with the black ice but I bought my son a marquis a couple of years ago. If he wasn't a lefty I probably would have kept it for myself. When the marquis came out it was marketed as a small step above the black ice. The first year it was out , the string stop was integrated into the roller guard. The next year the separated them, which to me was a big improvement. It's a smooth bow with decent speed, quiet and easy to tune. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.