PDA

View Full Version : Swap Hunt has come full circle

rodney482
November 9th, 2005, 10:30 AM
In July I met Benchleg90 aka Ryan Cramer on AT, he wanted to swap an Elk hunt in his home state of Oregon for a Whitetail hunt in the Midwest. In Sept I drove to Oregon and hunted Elk for 10 days, came home empty handed but I had the chance to shoot a spike, all in all I had a great time and would do it again in a heart beat.

The last week of October arrived and so did Ryan, The hunting was tough with warm weather but Ryan scored on a nice 8 pointer(his first whitetail) Ryan was very happy to shoot this deer and I was glad he filled his tag. I am sure he will respond to this Thread so I will let him talk about his hunt.

Ryan will be returning next year in hopes of placing his tag on a P&Y, and in 2007 I will be heading to Oregon to hunt Mule deer, cant wait.

This has been a great experience, and I owe it all to ARCHERYTALK.

I am including a couple pics of Ryan with 2 deer that has come off the property he is also holding a shed that scores 98". I think he is very exited about coming back.

benchleg90
November 9th, 2005, 11:45 AM
I probely passed on 20+ bucks in 4 days of hunitng. I had a chance to kill a real brute and screwed it up. Whitetail hunting is in my blood now and I am already making plans to go back next year. Rod and Joel are very serious hunters, they hold out for 130+ bucks. I could not belive some of the deer that they were passing on. Now that I know what a shooter looks like I will be holding out also.

By the way, that shed has around 5-8 inches broked off. That is a 220+ deer.

Northforker
November 10th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Congratulations to both of you!

It is sweet when a plan comes together, New friends, new hunting experiences, I love good news these days.

KDS
November 10th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Man that truly is awesome guys :thumbs_up What an greAT website