PDA

View Full Version : do you believe?

doug
October 26th, 2002, 11:11 PM
A buddy sent this to me . Just wondering if you guys have seen this.

Try stopping this one with a bow and arrow...

(read the story before looking at the pictures)

The attached pictures are of a guy who works for the forest service in Alaska. He was out deer hunting. A large (large?) Grizzly charged him from about 50 yards away. The guy unloaded a 7mm Mag Semi-auto into the bear and it dropped a few feet from him. The thing was still alive so he reloaded and capped it in the head. It was over one thousand six hundred pounds, 12'6" high at the shoulder. It's a world record. The bear had killed a couple of other people. Of course, the game department did not let him keep it. Think about it. This thing on it's hind legs could walk up to the average single story house and look on the roof at eye level.

doug
October 26th, 2002, 11:13 PM
The claw.

Derbytown
October 27th, 2002, 03:11 AM
Wow!!! That is a true people eater. I'd hate to run into to that in the woods of Kentucky, lol. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

Swig
October 27th, 2002, 06:55 AM
First off, if it had killed people, they should have been thankfull that he killed it and let him keep it. Will he get credit for the world record?

Secondly, thats exactly why I don't live where bears live! LOL That thing is HUGE! I would be a fresh snack if something like that met me in the woods because I would keel over from a heart attack.

Swig

martin-rage
October 27th, 2002, 01:47 PM
Ive been to Alaska and Ive seen them bears up close never one that big camping out in the white mountions northeast of fairbanks you never sleep very good the last time I was up there I carryed my 10gage with slugs and still felt like I needed more gun.Up there your not very high up the food chain.Bill

F.V. Chuck
October 27th, 2002, 03:14 PM
I can tell you right here and now..... If something that big charged me I would have to change my shorts before any photo session.....:p :p

Congrats on the fast thinking, gret job.

I'd be interested to knw if he gets credit for the record too...

Chuck

bowsmith
October 27th, 2002, 05:01 PM
Here is the story from the Anchorage Daily News: http://www.adn.com/outdoors/story/739717p-787512c.html Good Luck and Safe Shootin'.

russ
October 27th, 2002, 08:24 PM
Thanks for giving us the link Patrick, maybe people will quit e-mailing me the Tall version of the story ;)

spitfire
October 28th, 2002, 07:06 AM
I believe!!!!
My brother in-law live traps grizzly bears & black bears in Montana. Some of the bears he has told me about that they have trapped in the back-country are ridiculously big. Of course, i dont think he has trapped anything this big. That thing is a monster!!!

2camsam
October 28th, 2002, 05:43 PM
Is it just me or does the hunter have that "thousand yard stare" thing goin on? Unreal!!