PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers win!!!!!!!

Kickin_Killa
January 8th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Now all we have to do is beat the Colts. Its going to be a tough one next week. If Palmer did not get hurt things may have been different. Things really changed after that. Hate to see a good player like that get hurt bad like he did.

fishycatfish
January 8th, 2006, 10:07 PM
it is a shame the bengals lost, if carlson palmer wouldn't have got hurt it would have been a different game. but thats football so i guess we all have to deal with it.

Myk
January 8th, 2006, 11:31 PM
It's not "football" when you attack the knee and twist to take down a QB, it's bordering on "criminal".
I thought they banned knee attacks after Namath.

I've always had respect for the Steelers and I enjoy a good intentional pounding like with '82-'83 Raiders or '84-'85 Bears (if that's any hint as to why I liked the Steelers), but that was going way over the line.

I'm not impressed at all.

J.C.
January 9th, 2006, 12:05 AM
It's not "football" when you attack the knee and twist to take down a QB, it's bordering on "criminal".

I've always had respect for the Steelers and I enjoy a good intentional pounding like with '82-'83 Raiders or '84-'85 Bears (if that's any hint as to why I liked the Steelers), but that was going way over the line.

You saw a different game than I did. He was blocked into Palmer and didn't twist anything.

PABowhunt4life
January 9th, 2006, 12:06 AM

Attacked the knee????? You're kidding, right? He was thrown on to the ground and rolled on Palmer. If you think that was criminal then apparently you don't understand football. If you want to blame anyone, blame the Bengals offenseive lineman that block Kemo on to the ground. Who knows, maybe it was a conspiracy lol :tongue:

At any rate, you're just mad cause the Panthers are headed to town to hand the bears their ARSES. Ahhhhh yes, revenge is a dish best served cold.

PABowhunt4life
January 9th, 2006, 12:09 AM
it is a shame the bengals lost, if carlson palmer wouldn't have got hurt it would have been a different game. but thats football so i guess we all have to deal with it.

I'm guessing your a Bengals fan, right? Yes, Palmer is a better QB, but how do you know things "would have been different"? You guys barely escaped Pittsburgh with a win in the second meeting and in the first meeting we handed you your arses, with the all mighty Palmer in there, so with all due respect, it would have been the same result, just a different victim :thumbs_up

FMF_DOC44
January 9th, 2006, 12:53 AM

You are right...if Palmer wasn't hurt he would have prevented the 4 TD's and the field goal the Steelers made. Also, he wouldn't have let their defense self destruct in the 2nd half. Come on...

I am not trying to say Palmer is not a good QB, but PABowhunt4life pretty well said best ...

You guys barely escaped Pittsburgh with a win in the second meeting and in the first meeting we handed you your arses, with the all mighty Palmer in there, so with all due respect, it would have been the same result, just a different victim.

Myk
January 9th, 2006, 01:17 AM
You saw a different game than I did. He was blocked into Palmer and didn't twist anything.
Blocked into him? He grabbed the ankle all by himself AFTER he was on the ground. He pushed against the knee with his shoulder all by himself, that's a "twist".
He did not have someone chasing him and pushing him into Palmer by the time he was on the ground grabbing for the ankle. Watch the replays. The injury may not have been intentional but the way it happened was.

Yes PABowhunt4life, "attacking the knee", and no I'm not kidding.
The keyword tied with "criminal" was "bordering". It borders on being criminal because it's obvious what happens to QBs when they get their knees attacked and it's also obvious that that knee attack was intentional.
But intentional or not, it's still against the rules.
" 4. No defensive player who has an unrestricted path to the quarterback may hit him flagrantly in the area of the knee(s) or below when approaching in any direction."
It was unrestricted, it was to the knee and it was flagrant.

Maybe it's you who doesn't understand football and need to go back to watching NASCAR tapes where when it's your favorite putting someone into the wall it's how the game is played but when it's your favorite getting put into the wall you throw a fit, and if it's a money maker NASCAR practices the same selective blindness.

At any rate, you're just mad cause the Panthers are headed to town to hand the bears their ARSES. Ahhhhh yes, revenge is a dish best served cold.
Bears @ Panthers 13-3, and that was with Orton, oh yeah, I'm furious :rolleyes:
Maybe they should take a hint from the Steelers and rebreak Grossman's ankle so they stand a chance. :rolleyes:
I fail to see what the Panthers have to do with the Steelers. At any rate you know I'm right and are grasping for straws.

You guys barely escaped Pittsburgh with a win in the second meeting and in the first meeting we handed you your arses, with the all mighty Palmer in there
LOL
Let's see. I'm mad because the Panthers will beat the Bears even though there was no "barely" to the butt kicking they got from the Bears. Their QB was sacked 8 times (that's the legit type of pounding I was talking about enjoying, not intentional attacks to the knees like your team needs to win). And I've clearly stated in the SB pick thread that I wanted the Panthers to win because of past history.
But past history doesn't matter....unless you're talking about the all mighty Steelers, then you only pay attention to the past history that you want to believe.

If it comes down to Bears vs Steelers I would pay attention to past history, I wouldn't totally rely on blind fan faith and simply say our defense sucked in that game (which they did). You should try a dose of reality. If you did maybe you'd admit that there is no excuse for going after a QBs knees.
I can imagine how you'd be if it was Roethlisberger who it happened to.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll go back to respecting the Steelers. Just not for the rest of this year when you use BS tactics like that to advance. I wouldn't even approve of that if it was by the Bears against Favre.

Also, he wouldn't have let their defense self destruct in the 2nd half. Come on...
You're kidding, right? It knocks the wind out of your sails when your starting QB gets taken out until next year. And your second string may do OK to start with but they wear out quick, they're not meant to play a whole game.
Heck, the Bear's third string QB can go in and look good for about 3-5 passes.

PABowhunt4life
January 9th, 2006, 01:33 AM
[QUOTE=Myk]Blocked into him? He grabbed the ankle all by himself AFTER he was on the ground. He pushed against the knee with his shoulder all by himself, that's a "twist".
He did not have someone chasing him and pushing him into Palmer by the time he was on the ground grabbing for the ankle. Watch the replays. The injury may not have been intentional but the way it happened was.
Yes PABowhunt4life, "attacking the knee", and no I'm not kidding.
It was unrestricted, it was to the knee and it was flagrant.

Give me a break, seriously man. Go back and watch it, and watch it, and watch it again, because he was clearly blocked to the ground and rolled up on to Palmer. As to why he grabbed his ankle, it's called MAKING A PLAY. I am assuming you have never played football cause it's really hard to tackle someone WITHOUT USING YOUR HANDS. If he wanted to hurt him, why didn;t he hit him with force and really do a job??? That's right, CAUSE IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!!!!!

Bears @ Panthers 13-3, and that was with Orton, oh yeah, I'm furious :rolleyes:
Maybe they should take a hint from the Steelers and rebreak Grossman's ankle so they stand a chance. :rolleyes:
I fail to see what the Panthers have to do with the Steelers. At any rate you know I'm right and are grasping for straws.

Difference is Bears are now facing a HEALTHY Carolina team. As for "breaking Grossman's ankle", there's no need to, he's gonna self destruct all by himself. What do you plan to do when Jones gets no yards on the ground and Grossman has to throw to receivers that are going to be BLANKETED all day long? Panthers by at least 12, no way around it

I can imagine how you'd be if it was Roethlisberger who it happened to.

Hmmmmm, didn't one of the Bengals submarine in to Roethlisberger's knee in the first meeting this year????? Remember when he missed all those weeks and had to have surgery? If a player blatently went after his knees then yes, I'd be jacked, but if it happened on a clean play like what happened today, then it gets chalked up the "the nature of the game".

FMF_DOC44
January 9th, 2006, 01:54 AM
You're kidding, right? It knocks the wind out of your sails when your starting QB gets taken out until next year. And your second string may do OK to start with but they wear out quick, they're not meant to play a whole game.
Heck, the Bear's third string QB can go in and look good for about 3-5 passes.

Your right, it does tend to knock the wind out of your sails when you 1st string QB goes down, but it is then when you find out how truly gifted you really are. You have 2 options. 1) You can "quit" and say we give up and lay down and die, or 2) you can play, with more determination, and not let one player keep the rest of the "team" out of the play offs. I don't know about you, but any team I have been on had never been built around 1 person. In the team I am on now, if one of us goes down and we all decide we can't get the "wind back in our sails" we will all die. Even though football isn't quite as extreme, it still falls under the same principals. When Maddox went down and Big Ben got his début, the "team" didn't quit, they went 16-2.

PABowhunt4life
January 9th, 2006, 02:02 AM
What kills me is if this would have happened to Roethlisberger the BunGALS fans would have been telling us to suck it up and that the BunGALS would have won no matter what.

Get a grip BunGALS fans, all the trask talking and stupid rap videos in the world won't win you playoff games, you have to perform on the field, no matter who is under center

Myk
January 9th, 2006, 02:45 AM
Hmmmmm, didn't one of the Bengals submarine in to Roethlisberger's knee in the first meeting this year?????
Uhh, my team is the NFC so even if I'd get a chance to watch many Steelers games (which I don't) I would be busy watching a different station. So I have no idea what when on before.
If his knees were attack it is against the rules.
As I said above, I wouldn't care if it was the Bears doing it to Favre, there should at least be a flag thrown.

What kills me is if this would have happened to Roethlisberger the BunGALS fans would have been telling us to suck it up and that the BunGALS would have won no matter what.
Like you guys are doing. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Congrats on beating the second string.

A picture is worth a thousand words.
Where is this blocker pushing him into the knee? Where is the ball?
It was an illegal hit, it was a late hit. I don't think it was intentionally late. I don't think the injury was intended. But the attack to the knee was absolutely intentional.

Myk
January 9th, 2006, 03:04 AM
Your right, it does tend to knock the wind out of your sails when you 1st string QB goes down, but it is then when you find out how truly gifted you really are. You have 2 options. 1) You can "quit" and say we give up and lay down and die, or 2) you can play, with more determination, and not let one player keep the rest of the "team" out of the play offs. I don't know about you, but any team I have been on had never been built around 1 person. In the team I am on now, if one of us goes down and we all decide we can't get the "wind back in our sails" we will all die. Even though football isn't quite as extreme, it still falls under the same principals. When Maddox went down and Big Ben got his début, the "team" didn't quit, they went 16-2.
I agree. Look at the Bears this year. They lost the QB very early and went on to be the Division leaders and second seed in the Conference.
Nobody thought they'd go anywhere with the 1st string QB let alone a rookie.

Where you were wrong is claiming the injury had nothing to do with the outcome.

PABowhunt4life
January 9th, 2006, 10:45 AM
It was an illegal hit, it was a late hit. I don't think it was intentionally late. I don't think the injury was intended. But the attack to the knee was absolutely intentional.

Where is the blocker????????? You seriously need to get your eyes checked. He's the guy standing directly behind Palmer, HOVERING above Kemo, you can see the whole right side of his body, including the second half of his number, which is a 5 on his jersey plain & clear. The ball was gone about .00000000000000005 seconds before that picture was taken. Kemo hit hima HAIR after the ball was gone. Again, nothing intentional about it, just typical people making something A LOT bigger than it really was.

rudyd66
January 9th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Where is the blocker????????? You seriously need to get your eyes checked. He's the guy standing directly behind Palmer, HOVERING above Kemo, you can see the whole right side of his body, including the second half of his number, which is a 5 on his jersey plain & clear. The ball was gone about .00000000000000005 seconds before that picture was taken. Kemo hit hima HAIR after the ball was gone. Again, nothing intentional about it, just typical people making something A LOT bigger than it really was.

Excellent observation PABowhunt4life!.......and yes MyK a picture is worth a thousand words.

gollie15
January 9th, 2006, 11:06 AM
I agree. Look at the Bears this year. They lost the QB very early and went on to be the Division leaders and second seed in the Conference.
Nobody thought they'd go anywhere with the 1st string QB let alone a rookie.

Where you were wrong is claiming the injury had nothing to do with the outcome.

Bears 11 5 0 .688 260 202 7-1 4-4 5-1 10-2 L1
Vikings 9 7 0 .563 306 344 6-2 3-5 5-1 8-4 W1
Lions 5 11 0 .313 254 345 3-5 2-6 1-5 3-9 L1
Packers 4 12 0 .250 298 344 3-5 1-7 1-5 4-8 W1

Kinda tough not to finish first in this division.

Correct me if I'm wrong...Which I'm sure you will...

Weren't the Steelers 4-0, against the NFC North ?

If not for the Vikings " Second " string QB, the Bears would have been the only team in the Conference with a winning record.

You kinda got upset when I didn't mention your Bears in my SB prediction, but I honestly don't think they've got a chance to advance. They only averaged 13.75 pts. & 256 yds. / game on offense, and both QB's have a QB Rating of less than 60. ( 3rd string Jeff Blake ...129.2 )
The defense does tend to keep people off of the score board, giving up only 12.75 pts/game, but they give up alot of yards at 408 / game. In the 5 losses, two of which were against non playoff teams ( Browns & Vikings ), the defense gave up 21.6 pts/ gm & 321 yds. / game. So it was my opinion, that when they played a playoff team outside of the NFC North, they wouldn't be able to keep those teams out of the end zone. The Bears have a heck of a defense, but if they ever want to make it to the promised land ( Super Bowl ) they need to quit drafting running backs & get a QB in there to lead them there. It might be Orton....It'll never be Grossman.

In your pic there is an offensive lineman. I believe it's #65 Eric Steinbach, but if you'd watched the game, you would have seen him. He was blocked to the ground & reached for the QB, still trying to make a play. It was unfortunate for Palmer to go down, but I do not believe it was intentional. von Oelhoffen stayed with Palmer till he was carted off the field & apoligized in the post game news conference. That's not the actions of someone who did it intentionally.

To your other claims of it being flagrant & a late hit, the referee must not of agreeded with you, because he didn't throw a flag & it's his sole responsibility to protect the QB.

Myk
January 9th, 2006, 12:00 PM
You seriously need to get your eyes checked. He's the guy standing directly behind Palmer, HOVERING above Kemo, you can see the whole right side of his body
You need to seriously get your depth perception checked. That's a pretty skinny arm for a lineman compared to the tackler's arm. But yeah, he's right on top of him pushing him into the knee and making him grab the leg :rolleyes:

The intentional thing was grabbing the leg (you can see that in the picture), pulling the leg into him (you can also see that in the picture, foot cocked at an angle) and putting his shoulder to the knee (which you can also see in the picture).
My experience in karate is that you know you don't put pressure to the side of the knee unless you are either trying to injure the person or don't care about injuring them.
The NFL cares about knee injuries which is why they added the rule to stop attacks to the knees.

I'm glad you have your age in your profile. It tells me that without a doubt it is you who is clueless about football. You weren't even born when they didn't have the rules against knee attacks.
It was a cheap shot and the fact that so many Steelers fans see nothing wrong with it says a lot about their fans and their team.
I liked the Raiders when they were dirty players, but they did not take cheap shots.

gollie15,
Much of your post has nothing to do with the Steeler's win or the attack on the knee.
I gave the Bears as an example of how I agree that losing your starting QB does not mean you should lose, but that it does still effect the game.
If you want to discuss the Bears' chances do it in the SB thread, dig up my Bears thread or start a new one.
You're pretty good at pasting stats but your stats don't tell the whole story and I would love to correct you. Such as, "So it was my opinion, that when they played a playoff team outside of the NFC North, they wouldn't be able to keep those teams out of the end zone", Carolina 13-3 has already proven you wrong.

I watched the game. I will always watch a Steelers game when I have a chance (but after seeing how they act with their rivals that may change).
He was blocked to the ground, crawled across the ground, grabbed the ankle, lifted up and put his shoulder to the knee.

Nowhere did I say the lateness should've been called. I also didn't say the injury was intended. But the attack to the knee was intentional and that is against the rules.
You are old enough to remember when attacks to the knees were very common and how common knee injuries were. You should know why that rule was put into place.

PABowhunt4life
January 9th, 2006, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE=Myk]You need to seriously get your depth perception checked. That's a pretty skinny arm for a lineman compared to the tackler's arm. But yeah, he's right on top of him pushing him into the knee and making him grab the leg :rolleyes:

The intentional thing was grabbing the leg (you can see that in the picture), pulling the leg into him (you can also see that in the picture, foot cocked at an angle) and putting his shoulder to the knee (which you can also see in the picture).QUOTE]

You're right, he did INTENTIONALLY grab his leg. When blocked on to the ground and in that position, I would have done the same thing. Know why?????? It's called MAKING A PLAY and trying to sack the QB. Can you think of any other way to TACKLE a guy WITHOUT USING YOUR HANDS????

You kill me, you couldn't see the lineman that is standing over top of him, but you can see the grabbing of the leg, the foot cocked and him "ramming" his shoulder in to the knee. If it was such a blatent foul then why isn't hte NFL doing anything about it and why didn't the refs call it? In this day ands age of flags being thrown when you breathe on a QB after he throws it, a "blatent attack of the knee", as you so ignorantly call it, would surely have drawn a flag. For the last time, give me a break man. Your arguments are nothing more than useless and your whole stance is nothing short of a joke.

All this is is sour grapes and hard feelings because the Steelers lined up and RAMMED the ball down the throat of that "mighty" Bears defense. Remember that play where Bettis RAMMED the ball straight down Urlachers throat, PLOWED him over and then took out 2 other Bears on his way to the END ZONE??????????

P.S.- If you knew anything about photography, you would know since the camera is focused on Palmer that everything behind him is going to appear a lot tinier than it really is. Just thought I'd throw that in there since you brought up how small that linemans arm was.

Myk
January 9th, 2006, 12:33 PM
It's called MAKING A PLAY and trying to sack the QB.
Yeah, with an illegal hit.
I quoted the rule for you above. You're not going to convince me otherwise when the NFL rulebook says you are wrong.

THE HANDS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM, THE SHOULDER TO THE KNEE IS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelers also didn't get a flag for walking over a player in the end zone, but Bengals got flagged for bumping into a player out of bounds. Some games are like that.
It doesn't mean you should be proud of it.

This has nothing to do with the Bears. All you are doing is showing that you are trying to change the subject because you know you are wrong.
I really don't care about the outcome of the game because you're not going all the way (which I'd actually rather see the Steelers there instead of the Colts).

It was a cheap hit, it was an illegal hit. That you are proud of a win that came because of a cheap and illegal hit and you say that you would make the same cheap and illegal hit says a lot about you.

Nothing you can say will change my view (and the NFL rules) that going after the knees of a QB is not OK whether intentional or not. Just like running into the kicker doesn't matter if it was intentional or not.

PABowhunt4life
January 9th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Just keep rambling bud, ignorance is bliss :thumbs_up

SilentHntr.
January 9th, 2006, 12:41 PM

Lucky it was not his neck, football is a contact sport. If one does not want to get hurt, do not play. Maybe the NFL needs to play flag football or maybe touch football. Better yet play cards, to see who is best.

Hate to say it but if one does not have blood on their uniform from the other team players, one is not playing hard enough on defense. Gooooooooooooo Steelers!:thumbs_up

SilentHntr.
January 9th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Uhh, my team is the NFC so even if I'd get a chance to watch many Steelers games (which I don't) I would be busy watching a different station. So I have no idea what when on before.
If his knees were attack it is against the rules.
As I said above, I wouldn't care if it was the Bears doing it to Favre, there should at least be a flag thrown.

Like you guys are doing. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Congrats on beating the second string.

then it would have been intentional!:thumbs_do

rudyd66
January 9th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Yeah, with an illegal hit.
I quoted the rule for you above. You're not going to convince me otherwise when the NFL rulebook says you are wrong.

THE HANDS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM, THE SHOULDER TO THE KNEE IS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelers also didn't get a flag for walking over a player in the end zone, but Bengals got flagged for bumping into a player out of bounds. Some games are like that.
It doesn't mean you should be proud of it.

This has nothing to do with the Bears. All you are doing is showing that you are trying to change the subject because you know you are wrong.
I really don't care about the outcome of the game because you're not going all the way (which I'd actually rather see the Steelers there instead of the Colts).

It was a cheap hit, it was an illegal hit. That you are proud of a win that came because of a cheap and illegal hit and you say that you would make the same cheap and illegal hit says a lot about you.

Nothing you can say will change my view (and the NFL rules) that going after the knees of a QB is not OK whether intentional or not. Just like running into the kicker doesn't matter if it was intentional or not.

Now that is funny stuff...LOL. I don't care who you are!

If it was illegal.....then we should see the NFL issue a suspension/fine for the illegal hit, even if it wasn't called on the field!

Myk
January 9th, 2006, 01:31 PM
If it was illegal.....then we should see the NFL issue a suspension/fine for the illegal hit, even if it wasn't called on the field!
I'd go to the player's history for that. He's not the type to do things like that on purpose so I don't think he should be penalized financially. It would serve the Steelers right to lose him for the rest of the season but it's not like he's a huge key player where it would matter.

No, it should've simply been handled with a flag on the field and the Steelers fans shouldn't be so proud that it happened or so proud of a win that came because of a hit like that.

I'm really amazed that sports fans are so willing to overlook poor conduct as long as it's being done by their team/player/racer and not to them.

rudyd66
January 9th, 2006, 02:09 PM
I'd go to the player's history for that. He's not the type to do things like that on purpose so I don't think he should be penalized financially. The NFL does not scrutinize players when handing out penalties. An illegal hit is an illegal hit.

It would serve the Steelers right to lose him for the rest of the season but it's not like he's a huge key player where it would matter.
Really?

No, it should've simply been handled with a flag on the field and the Steelers fans shouldn't be so proud that it happened or so proud of a win that came because of a hit like that. If it was an illegal hit then a flag would have been thrown. We are proud that the steelers simply made more plays than the bungles. Had Palmer stayed in the game, I'm sure his mere presence would have made their defense play better.:rolleyes:

I'm really amazed that sports fans are so willing to overlook poor conduct as long as it's being done by their team/player/racer and not to them. Thats just it.....soooooo many people including refs, football analysts, coaches (excluding bunglets) players (including Cincy) did not think it was intentinal or illegal. So I guess I do see why you would be amazed!::embara:

rudyd66
January 9th, 2006, 02:13 PM
If the refs didn't throw a flag against the more blatant hit from Cincy on Big Ben earlier in the season, they certainly weren't going to call this one.:teeth:

gollie15
January 9th, 2006, 02:46 PM
I liked the Raiders when they were dirty players, but they did not take cheap shots.

gollie15,
Much of your post has nothing to do with the Steeler's win or the attack on the knee.
I gave the Bears as an example of how I agree that losing your starting QB does not mean you should lose, but that it does still effect the game.
If you want to discuss the Bears' chances do it in the SB thread, dig up my Bears thread or start a new one.
You're pretty good at pasting stats but your stats don't tell the whole story and I would love to correct you. Such as, "So it was my opinion, that when they played a playoff team outside of the NFC North, they wouldn't be able to keep those teams out of the end zone", Carolina 13-3 has already proven you wrong.
First off Myk,
I want to apoligize for pasting the Bears stats here instead of the SB thread. I was just trying to save time.
You said "you liked the Raiders when they were dirty players, but they didn't take cheap shots". Why were they considered dirty, if they didn't take cheap shots? Jack Tatum would take your head off & smile at you, but I can't remember anyone talking about George Atkinson, that they didn't use the words "cheap shot" in the description.
Before you pat yourself on the back for correcting me, you aren't the first.The difference is, I'll admit it.
The Bears did beat the Panthers. I went back & looked it up. Musta been a heck of a defensive game, just the kind you like.
I didn't dwell on the injury to the knee in my original post, because I thought it was unfortunate & unintentional.
The one thing I can't figure out is; if you're not a Steeler or Bengals fan, why did you even voice an opinion, if for no other reason, but to start an arguement?
And that, you have done a fine job of.

KidKy24
January 9th, 2006, 03:18 PM
If the refs didn't throw a flag against the more blatant hit from Cincy on Big Ben earlier in the season, they certainly weren't going to call this one.:teeth:

first off, the refs DID throw a flag on cincinnati in the first incident, as for calling it more blatant, odell was tripped and fell on rothlisberger. this is all u need to know "anytime u go low on a quarterback, its a cheap shot" Ben Rothlisberger he said it, and the man REALLY knows how to make excuses.

imo, it really dosen't matter much, don't think the bengals could have beat the broncos in denver next week, and the steelers will be HANDLED - AGAIN - by the colts, they truly have no shot, unless of course they want to make a habit out of injuring qb's.

PABowhunt4life
January 9th, 2006, 04:04 PM
first off, the refs DID throw a flag on cincinnati in the first incident, as for calling it more blatant, odell was tripped and fell on rothlisberger. this is all u need to know "anytime u go low on a quarterback, its a cheap shot" Ben Rothlisberger he said it, and the man REALLY knows how to make excuses.

imo, it really dosen't matter much, don't think the bengals could have beat the broncos in denver next week, and the steelers will be HANDLED - AGAIN - by the colts, they truly have no shot, unless of course they want to make a habit out of injuring qb's.

I could have sworn you said something, but all I heard was...

:Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry:

Hush now little bunGALS fan. .....there ya go :baby: :baby:

rudyd66
January 9th, 2006, 04:07 PM

AMEN!:thumbs_up :thumbs_up

Myk
January 9th, 2006, 04:12 PM
If the refs didn't throw a flag against the more blatant hit from Cincy on Big Ben earlier in the season, they certainly weren't going to call this one.
As I stated above, the year history or your Steelers is meaningless to me. Most of their games do not get aired here and I'm busy watching other games when they do. I may see them on a night game or when they play the Bears and that's it. So I can't comment on some other hit that I haven't seen.
If he went against the QBs knees I would be saying the same thing.

If you want the guy fined, request for him to be fined then. I just don't think an unintentional but illegal hit deserves a fine after the game. Fine the guy for all I care.

If he was a key player that would hurt to lose he would be in the Pro Bowl. Yes, really.

As I pointed out, not all bad plays or actions get flags.
Why do you think a majority means right? Was his shoulder in the knee? Page up and read rule #4 of Protecting the Passer. It doesn't matter what anyone says, his shoulder was in the knee, that is against the rules, period.

You said "you liked the Raiders when they were dirty players, but they didn't take cheap shots". Why were they considered dirty, if they didn't take cheap shots?
I think they were the most penalized team when I was watching them, but they didn't set out to injure. They broke rules, not bones. At least not when I was watching them (during college when I had cable and could watch just about any team). I wasn't watching them during Atkinson. I gave the years I was watching them, '82-'83 and maybe '84. I don't remember who I was a fan of in the '70s, I didn't watch much football then. It was Cowboys and Dolphins in the '60s and probably part of the '70s, but I was young then :)

I can't say I really liked the Panther game, I thought the Bears screwed up by letting them get close enough to get the field goal.

I voiced an opinion because I watched the game and thought the hit was BS. I also thought the Steelers' actions the first half were deplorable and flags should've been flying. Then I go on the internet to find Steelers fans either apathetic about the hit or even giddy about it.
Today I read stories to find that the rivalry is not just a fan thing, the players actually get caught up in it. Packers and Bears have a rivalry but you don't see the players jumping in on it against other players. McMahon even ended up being a Packer.

I did not start the argument, someone said that "that's football" and no it isn't. Going against the knees of a QB is against the rules in football.

Myk
January 9th, 2006, 04:15 PM
PABowhunt4life,
You claim I'm mad because the Steelers beat the Bears. You do realize that the Bengals beat the Bears worse don't you?
They held us to fewer points and scored more points than the Steelers did.
Sorry to burst your bubble.

KidKy24
January 9th, 2006, 04:16 PM

real funny, have gotten used to this type of crap from steelers fans. hope ya'll hurt payton early, before the rout sets in.

PABowhunt4life
January 9th, 2006, 04:19 PM
real funny, have gotten used to this type of crap from steelers fans. hope ya'll hurt payton early, before the rout sets in.

Hey, I am fully expecting a loss this weekend, you're not upsetting me by any means. As far as this "type of crap", isn't that a little hypocritical seeing a show Chad "Did NOTHING Against The Burgh In 3 Game" Johnson proclaimed that the Bengals were the new kings of the AFC North after just one season? Trash talking goes both ways, it just helps when you can back it up :thumbs_up

PABowhunt4life
January 9th, 2006, 04:22 PM
PABowhunt4life,
You claim I'm mad because the Steelers beat the Bears. You do realize that the Bengals beat the Bears worse don't you?
They held us to fewer points and scored more points than the Steelers did.
Sorry to burst your bubble.

Good for the Bengals!! Where are they now???? Ohhhhhhh, that's right lol

As for scoring more points, that's how Cincy is, that's not Steeler ball. We get a lead and ram the ball down your throat, OVER, and OVER, and OVER, and OVER again. If Cowher wanted to pour it on, it could have definitely been worsefor both the Bears and the Bengals yesterday.

rudyd66
January 9th, 2006, 04:25 PM

Now who's the crappy fan? Hoping the Steelers hurt Peyton?
Man.....I didn't realize losing hurt some folks so much!

Myk
January 9th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Hey, I am fully expecting a loss this weekend, you're not upsetting me by any means.
There you go, now you're sounding like a Chicago fan (take your pick of the sport or team). There's always next year :D

I'm secretly worried that Carolina will be an easy win, Seahawks will be a tough one but still a win and then we will be totally embarassed in the Super Bowl. We only get this chance once every 20 years and I don't think we're ready this year.

As for scoring more points, that's how Cincy is, that's not Steeler ball. We get a lead and ram the ball down your throat, OVER, and OVER, and OVER, and OVER again. If Cowher wanted to pour it on, it could have definitely been worsefor both the Bears and the Bengals yesterday.
LOL, you're too much. Yeah, and Orton wasn't scoring or converting 3rd downs because Lovie's plan was to keep the defense on the field.

If that was Cowher's plan he needs to be fired, he cost you the division.

PABowhunt4life
January 9th, 2006, 04:50 PM
LOL, you're too much. Yeah, and Orton wasn't scoring or converting 3rd downs because Lovie's plan was to keep the defense on the field.

If that was Cowher's plan he needs to be fired, he cost you the division.

Orton wasn't scoring or converting on 3rd down because HE, along with the Bears "offense" is HORRIBLE lol. Them keeping the defense on the field too long is just the result of typical poor play on the offensive side of the ball, the Pittsburgh loss was just a result of stupid decisions by the coaches. Again, we got out of our game plan and got in to a shoot out instead of just running the ball.

SMichaels
January 9th, 2006, 06:11 PM
I think they were the most penalized team when I was watching them, but they didn't set out to injure. They broke rules, not bones.

Tell that to Darryl Stingley. Jack Tatum broke Stingley's neck with a forearm as Stingley was running a crossing pattern over the middle ending his career and paralyzing him from the chest down. This was in a meaningless exhibition game. Tatum, who has never apologized for the hit, is frequently named one of the dirtiest players to have played the game.

gollie15
January 9th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Tell that to Darryl Stingley. Jack Tatum broke Stingley's neck with a forearm as Stingley was running a crossing pattern over the middle ending his career and paralyzing him from the chest down. This was in a meaningless exhibition game. Tatum, who has never apologized for the hit, is frequently named one of the dirtiest players to have played the game.

Nice catch......I forgot about Stingley & Tatum.
I guess the memory is the first to go.....

Myk
January 10th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Orton wasn't scoring or converting on 3rd down because HE, along with the Bears "offense" is HORRIBLE lol. Them keeping the defense on the field too long is just the result of typical poor play on the offensive side of the ball, the Pittsburgh loss was just a result of stupid decisions by the coaches. Again, we got out of our game plan and got in to a shoot out instead of just running the ball.
Uhh, you were not talking about the game where you "got out of your game plan".
You didn't "pour it on" because you couldn't, just like Orton didn't convert because he couldn't.
Face it, the Bengals scored better against the Bears when the Bear defense was playing good, Steelers scored less against the Bears when the defense was playing poorly.

I'm from Bears territory. Even if I didn't like them I would still know how defensive teams play. Yeah you get the lead and then run out the clock, but you don't get a lead and ram the ball down your throat, OVER, and OVER, and OVER, and OVER again but fail to score as part of the coach's plan.
Exactly where are you ramming that ball OVER, and OVER, and OVER, and OVER again? It must not be downfield if you can't score with it.

Tell that to Darryl Stingley. Jack Tatum broke Stingley's neck with a forearm as Stingley was running a crossing pattern over the middle ending his career and paralyzing him from the chest down.
Can you read??? I watched and liked the Raiders when I was at college between '81 at the earliest and '84 at the latest.
But it's good you are able to bring up these old games. Why don't you bring up some of the knee attacks that went on back then to show the youngsters why the no knee attack rule came about and why it's just like running into a passer, it doesn't have to be intentional?

PA Dan
January 10th, 2006, 12:18 AM

MYK, What game did you watch?

Myk
January 10th, 2006, 12:31 AM
MYK, What game did you watch?
It's not what game I watched. The question is why is it that Steelers fans refuse to admit fault with their team?
We all watched the same game. He didn't put his shoulder to the thigh.

Let me trap your foot and push on the side of your knee. I guarantee you'll go down but I can't guarantee you won't get an injured knee.
Let me trap your foot and push on your thigh. You'll still go down and so will the odds of you getting hurt.

SilentHntr.
January 10th, 2006, 12:41 AM
It's not what game I watched. The question is why is it that Steelers fans refuse to admit fault with their team?
We all watched the same game. He didn't put his shoulder to the thigh.

Let me trap your foot and push on the side of your knee. I guarantee you'll go down but I can't guarantee you won't get an injured knee.
Let me trap your foot and push on your thigh. You'll still go down and so will the odds of you getting hurt.

I have watched my grade school football players lay harder hits then that with no damage other then feelings getting hurt. Just a freak accident and that is all it was. Nobody tried to jam Palmer up, it was just a bad day for him. Bungles fans and all others just need to quit their crying...now if it happens to Manning, I would even be suspect of the Steelers coaches and players, but it will not.;)

Myk
January 10th, 2006, 12:46 AM
No, the Steelers need to quit their grand standing.
The guy was taken out of a play off game. He's laid up until next season. He's going to have a bad knee for the rest of his life.
Yet you act proud of it.

PABowhunt4life
January 10th, 2006, 01:10 AM
Myk,

My dear friend, I am done arguing with you. At the risk of further proving you wrong and making you look even more foolish, I will leave you by simply saying, I sure hope you know more about archery than you do football because if you don't, lord help the man that is sharing a range with you.

Please, reply with more useless hogwash, make up some scenario in your head to prove why the Bears did this, why it was an illegal hit, and whatever other nonsense you can think of. No one here is trying to convinve you otherwise, we're just simply telling you that you are dead wrong about the hit, and pretty much about anything you claim to know about football in general. Thanks for the entertainment just the same and good luck to your Bears.

John

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/hockey/img9090529.jpg

Myk
January 10th, 2006, 04:21 AM
PABowhunt4life,
Your childish attacks only reflect on you, just as your grandstanding for a team who couldn't even win their division does. You got beat by the team you cut down the most, what a joke!
I just ran through your schedule. What was that excuse you've been giving about the Bears' easy schedule? You had roughly the same one and couldn't win your division! Looks like Bengals had the hardest between you two and they still beat you.
Hopefully by the time you get around 20 more years in the bank you'll finally mature into an adult.

If you make your wildcard bid it will be a miracle. Colts 26 Steelers 7.
You'd better pray for another cheap shot, and the way you act I'm sure you are.

make up some scenario in your head to prove why the Bears did this
Why the Bears did what? Played like crap? Isn't that the excuse you give for why you lost against the Bengals?
If the Bears played like they played most of their other games, that 9 points you allowed would've been your team losing.

Bettis, not going to the Pro Bowl. Urlacher going to the Pro Bowl. Nuff said about that matchup.
We did the "give the fat guy the ball" gimick for a few years too, it's fun for a while.

gollie15
January 10th, 2006, 06:40 AM
Bettis, not going to the Pro Bowl. Urlacher going to the Pro Bowl. Nuff said about that matchup.
We did the "give the fat guy the ball" gimick for a few years too, it's fun for a while.

You're absolutely right. Bettis is not going to the Pro Bowl. There's the first statement you've made in two days that made $.00. Urlacher's a hell of a backer, he just came out on the bottom on this play. Kinda tough to stand flatfooted & stop any size man comin' at you with a full head of steam. Maybe your all pro learned something that day, to make him a better player.

Myk, You're surely not comparing him to William Perry are you? There's a big difference between our fat guy & your's. Our's is going to the Hall of Fame. Your's is still clearin' tables at Shoney's.

Kighty7
January 10th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Carson Palmer himself even said yesturday that he doesn't blame Von Olhofen for his injury. He did not do it on purpose. Who did Kimo play for before? The Bengals! You could see it on his face in the replay that he was upset at what had happened. Get over it. He did not do it on purpose. If he did then why did he not get up and dance around like all of the other players do! Go Steelers!

PABowhunt4life
January 10th, 2006, 09:24 AM
MYK,

My dear friend, thank you for doing what we all expected you to do and thank you for further proving my point.

Thanks,
John

SilentHntr.
January 10th, 2006, 10:18 AM
No, the Steelers need to quit their grand standing.
The guy was taken out of a play off game. He's laid up until next season. He's going to have a bad knee for the rest of his life.
Yet you act proud of it.

However, I can not feel sorry for a person who makes millions playing a game. Sucks to be him, but when I got my ass blown off I did not have a several millions of dollars to fall back on. So, all you will get from me is crocodile tears. Gooooooooooo Steelers!:thumbs_up

Myk
January 10th, 2006, 10:59 AM
You're surely not comparing him to William Perry are you?
The Fridge, the Bus, same thing. Perry was also a Pro-Bowler, and at least he could pick up our RB and carry him across the goal line, not that the refs thought it was OK but I don't think anyone will be picking Bettis up any time soon.
Perry actually has a construction company.
Given the height difference I don't think there is that much difference in fat content.

Maybe your all pro learned something that day, to make him a better player.
I kind of doubt it. The defense was in a "playing like crap" streak that started the week before. Urlacher missed a lot of tackles that he shouldn't have.
I figured PABowhunt4life was going to PM me to rub it in and all I was going to be able to do was appologize for such a poor performance.

My dear friend, thank you for doing what we all expected you to do and thank you for further proving my point.
I don't recall being the one who said, "I will leave you"
Thank you for proving what I knew all along.

Proud of the win not the injury.
You shouldn't be too proud. Compare the scores both teams put up against the Colts if you don't think taking him out in the second play effected the game.
IMO, it's a pretty crappy way to advance in the play offs, nothing to be proud of. The "it happened, get over it" applies as much to the Steelers fans.
Now go see if you can beat a first string team, then you will have something to be proud about.

twogun
January 10th, 2006, 01:43 PM
I'll just add

Go Colts!!!!!!

SilentHntr.
January 10th, 2006, 05:29 PM
The Fridge, the Bus, same thing. Perry was also a Pro-Bowler, and at least he could pick up our RB and carry him across the goal line, not that the refs thought it was OK but I don't think anyone will be picking Bettis up any time soon.
Perry actually has a construction company.
Given the height difference I don't think there is that much difference in fat content.

I kind of doubt it. The defense was in a "playing like crap" streak that started the week before. Urlacher missed a lot of tackles that he shouldn't have.
I figured PABowhunt4life was going to PM me to rub it in and all I was going to be able to do was appologize for such a poor performance.

I don't recall being the one who said, "I will leave you"
Thank you for proving what I knew all along.

You shouldn't be too proud. Compare the scores both teams put up against the Colts if you don't think taking him out in the second play effected the game.
IMO, it's a pretty crappy way to advance in the play offs, nothing to be proud of. The "it happened, get over it" applies as much to the Steelers fans.
Now go see if you can beat a first string team, then you will have something to be proud about.

They are my team and I have watched them loose as well as win since the 1960,s. Better getting to the playoffs that way then having the refs give one the game. By the way, Steelers have 4 Superbowl rings and many division wins, they do not have to cheat to get er' done.:thumbs_up

Myk
January 11th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Who said "cheat"?
The starting QB was taken out of the game early. You basically gave yourselves an undeserved bye week. Even then you were down 10 much of the game. Nothing to be proud of. It's about like Carolina being proud of beating second and third string Giants. Or Vikings being proud of beating the Bears second and third string for the last regular season game.
Save your pride for the next game.

PABowhunt4life
January 11th, 2006, 12:39 AM
We're from the town with the great football team..............

WE ARE THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!!

Myk
January 11th, 2006, 01:01 AM
Yes you have a good football team, but...

I will leave you
:ROFLMAO:

PABowhunt4life
January 11th, 2006, 01:03 AM
Ummmmmmmmmmmm, someone a little self centered? I was making a post in general, not to you specifically. :thumbs_up

SilentHntr.
January 11th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmmm, someone a little self centered? I was making a post in general, not to you specifically. :thumbs_up

You have to like the Steelers to know the Steelers and win or loose this weekend I will still like them.:thumbs_up

GOOOOOOOOOOOO STEELERS!!!