Archery Talk Forum banner

LX tuning problem

489 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  bowhunter96 
#1 ·
I am having trouble tuning my Mathews bow!!! I am constantly getting a left and a little high tear. I am shooting with a sling on my wrist so that I am not torquing the bow. I am squeezing the release. I shoot at 65 lbs. Beman Hawk 400 at 28 1/2 inches I am drawing 29" and I use 100 gr tips. I also use a rope d-loop. I am always getting a left tear and I can move the rest any way. what concerns me is that Mathews sayd that centre shot is 13/16 from the riser ..............but that makes it look like the arrow is pointing to the left to begin with. I have bought easton axis 340's at 29 inches and haven't tried them yet. I use a whisker biscuit. Is it the bow?? Ha, ha....i know...i know.....mathews this and mathews that.......but really, what to do????:eek:

#4 ·
Same thing with my LX.1/4 inch high left tear that I can`t get rid of and I know moving center shot won`t help one bit.I adjusted for cam lean,shot bare arrow in case of fletching contact,opened my hand wide open and shot blindly to make sure of no torque issues,shot with a NCS release so there was no string torquing,went up and down the spine chart,adjusted the rest and nock point all over the place and so on and so on.... and nothing ever got better then 1/4" left tear.The slightly high part didn`t bother me one bit,in fact I wasn`t adjusting for that, it was the left tear but according to the tuning book by Larry Wise it is considered normal and a result that is just as good as a bullet hole,if you are a right handed shooter that is.I left well enough alone and I can get groups of 6" at 75 yards.And I know the bow is capable of better then that but sadly not me:wink: .I think I would see what your bow can do the way it is and see if there is even room for improvement first before you drive yourself crazy with paper tuning.And if you do get bullet holes let me know what did it for you so I too can see what I over looked.

#5 ·
I had an Lx the first year they came out and cussed that bow for weeks after trying to tune it for broad heads . After the initial stretch it was shooting great then my groups started getting erratic . I took it in to the pro shop and they replaced the cable guides and adjusted for wheel lean , it got worse . I had a trap door rest on it and blamed that . Well an employee of MBG Gold tried tuning the bow and it was worse for him than me :confused: . After many calls to Matthews a tech finally fessed up that these bows had 8125 strings and fast flight cables . I ordered Winner's Choice string and cables and it tuned dead center shot . By that time I was so angry I sold the bow and haven't owned a Matthews since . Try replacing the string and cables . I doubt you have the same problem I did unless it was one of the first LX s shipped . :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.