PDA

View Full Version : Goose marinade and recipe?

bowfisher 51
January 24th, 2006, 08:20 AM
I don't goose hunt, but I got friends that do and they offer to
give me birds from time to time. I normally botch them up
and end up making dumplings or something. Any ideas, other
than the cow manure trick? I got one of those big marinade
syringes....

bowfisher 51
February 3rd, 2006, 08:30 AM
Well,.....I didn't get any response from you guys, and no wonder, based on
what I've read in a wild game cook book that I found...But,...apparently
stuff like apples, sauerkraut, onions, celery and the everpopular bacon are
common stuffings for wild goose as stuffing....Goose is often roasted at 350 f
about 15min per. lb. and baste regularly to prevent drying out...However,
goose-fat must be most distasteful and is always removed first....Marinateing
with a syringe is not mentioned.............season to taste, etc...........

Bubbahoyt
February 3rd, 2006, 01:18 PM
I always do mine on the grill . Cut into bit size pieces. Put salt and pepper to taste and wrap them in a half piece of bacon with a wedge of onion and grilll them til about medium to medium rare than dunk them in some BBQ sauce or leave them just as is . . Every party I have those are the first to go it seems . That and the deer heart . :tongue: :beer:

WIarcher
February 7th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Here is the best goose recipe I have heard of.

Season as you like and roast the goose in the oven. When the goose is done save the juice and make a gravy out of it.

Cook yourself up some egg noodles, pour the gravy over the noodles, THROW THE GOOSE AWAY.....and eat the noodles......enjoy!!!!!.

bowfisher 51
February 8th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Ha,Ha,Ha........That's pretty close to the cow manure recipe but sounds alot
tastier.....Ha.......I might try that one!.....Thanks Mark.......................... ...

Tweedr82
February 8th, 2006, 05:52 PM
go to the store and buy you some marinade ( i prefer game tame) cut into 1" squares. marinade over night. buy MAPLE BACON very important. then wrap about half with a 1" square peice of onion and same size peice of bell peper( all inside the bacon). do the other half wrapped with jalapeno on one side then spread creamcheese (just trust me) on the other. cook both until the bacon is crispy then enjoy.

now if you know how to make a gravy start by seasoning the whole bird with skin with salt black pepper white pepper and cayenne pepper. stuff with onions and bell peppers. let sit over night. then take a cast iron pot and add allittle oil. then add just a touch of vinegar. brown the goose until tender. adding small amounts of water as you go. now my cajun side prefers this recipe but my other side leans towards simplicity. if you have never made a good duck or squirrel gravy i would not personally try this one because adding to much water vnegar or oil will completely ruin the goose. it will be almost unedible. but if you know what your doin it will be the best goose you have ever had. not to brag, but us cajuns can cook.:wink:

bowfisher 51
February 9th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Thanks Cajun Zach...Now THAT recipe makes me hungry and I love hot cajun
cookin'........I eat cayenne pepper every day, and subject to throw'em into
near bout anything I cook, and bell pepper too.....Yea....I can make some
"dang good" gravey..............It's ON! my man!.......Gotta cast iron dutch
oven, just right for a goose............That's what I'm lookin' for!................

algdog
February 23rd, 2006, 02:34 PM
this is what I do,
Take breasts , either run thru cuber or inject with marinade, I use any of the steak marinades , place in a zip lock bag with more marinade on the outside and a little kosher salt. seal bag with no air inside.
let marinade in fridge for a min of 24 hrs. longer is better.
after marinading, take out and place in your smoker for 3hrs at 180 degrees
remove and cut cross grain like a london broil.
you can make dipping sauces for it, like horseradish or the like
comes out very good ,

xsmasherj
March 18th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Best goose recipe ever .I give this to people who hate goose and it changes there minds every time.I start by running the breast threw the cuber 2 times each way.This obviosly tenderizes the meat but also removes any shot.after that i make a marinade that consists of 1 cup extra virgin olive oil(the better you use the better itll be)1 cup of cabernet savignon ( again the better you use the better itll be i usually use a 8-10 dollar bottle)and 1 cup of lomens pineapple terriyaki.I marinade for at least 24 hours then I put them on a hot clean grill for about 4 minutes a side.OK there it is the best goose recipe ever enjoy.Heres a pic of a good day from my ponds.goosehunting