PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a little nostalgia...

kidnutso
February 3rd, 2006, 12:31 PM
The thread "Viper 1 Your F-16 is ready!" kind of got me in a nostalgic mood. Just wondering if any of you mutants ever served in the Aviation Navy? If so, what was your rate (specialty) and what kind of aircraft and equipment did you work with?

:aero:

railbird
February 3rd, 2006, 01:53 PM
Yep. I was an ADR1 and flew P2V's and was stationed all over the US. From Jacksonville to Glenview to Dallas and several others. I also was a Commercial pilot so I got quite a bit of stick time in them. Fun days from 1958 to 1964.

kidnutso
February 3rd, 2006, 02:20 PM
Yep. I was an ADR1 and flew P2V's and was stationed all over the US. From Jacksonville to Glenview to Dallas and several others. I also was a Commercial pilot so I got quite a bit of stick time in them. Fun days from 1958 to 1964.

Got a few years on me there railbird. I was an AQ. Finished up my second tour (3 years first time, got out for two and then 4 years the second time) as an AQ1. Worked with the A7s in Alameda from 71 to 74, then with the F4s in Dallas from 76 - 80. I saw a few P2s while I was in, but mostly P3s during my active duty.

Of course being in fighter and attack squadrons with jets, all our ADs were ADJs. I was with VA 304 in Alameda and VF 202 in Dallas. Don't know if they were around in 64 or not.

Good to hear there is at least one Navy Aviation types out there besides me. :)

blue thunder
February 3rd, 2006, 02:26 PM
I was an E-4 airdale 1960-1964.Two years crash & rescue NAS QUONSET POINT,RI.Two years Guantanamo,Cuba.I was a plane captain on a F8U Crusader and crew member on an S2F for one year.Wouldn't trade that time for nothing.

BDHUNTR
February 3rd, 2006, 02:29 PM
After the other thread, I wish I could join this group, but alas, I was not in squid aviation. I was in the U S Army as a aircraft powerplant repairer. Where they're called helicopters, not HELOS!!! :rolleyes:

I will say, even after the recruiter boned me by saying I could come right out and get a job with an airline (huh? what's an A&P?), eventually I did just that. Can't believe I've been working for a major since 1989.

kidnutso
February 3rd, 2006, 03:19 PM
Good to hear from all of you. Even the army. :wink: Hey, if it's military, and it flies...it's cool.