PDA

View Full Version : ? On Bear Hunting In Minnesota

mossihornslayer
March 12th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Does Any One Know Anything About The Chances To Take A Bear In Minn. I May Have A Chance To Go For Free, Only Pay For Licenses And Room. Has Any One Had Success There.

MN Doe Hunter
March 12th, 2006, 07:16 PM
You have to have your application in by May 5th. I think you can apply starting late March (not sure exact date).

I have never gone but my dad has a buddy that goes just about every year. They usually do well from what he tells me.

fastpassthrough
March 12th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Does Any One Know Anything About The Chances To Take A Bear In Minn. I May Have A Chance To Go For Free, Only Pay For Licenses And Room. Has Any One Had Success There.
I gided through high school for bear in northern mn hillcity to be exact had 100 % harvest rate rate a few big bruins but for the most just shooters i have family up there and i believe they still put in every year
Richard

sharpshooter60
March 12th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Lot's and lot's of bears but for the most part there SMALL. Exciting hunting though.

haley56228
March 13th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Where In Mn are you going? There are quite a few bear but most are small. I would suggest a bug tamer

Lien2
March 13th, 2006, 01:30 PM
You only need to apply if you plan on hunting the Quota Zone. Non-Quota tags are OTC.
Success depends on many things. Yes, there are bears in MN, a few nice ones, but average is 170lbs or so.
A little more info from you and can maybe provide a little more info from me! :) What area? Quota or non? Dates? Ect.
If it's free, I say DO IT. What do you have to lose?

Lien2

TheHairlessone!
April 6th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Anyone know of any decent outfitters for bear in Minnesota? I am starting to check into it but dont want to spend a fortune.

rick

ndbowhunter
April 6th, 2006, 11:43 AM
If you have someone who knows how to bait you will have success. Last year was my first year on public land and we had 5-7 bears per site on 8 sites. Went 6 for 6 on bears. 4 color phase. Good luck.