Archery Talk Forum banner

quick spins

747 views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  TMan51 
#1 ·
What do you guys think of the Quick Spins, I have always used feathers but I am thinking of switching, are they worth the money?

#2 ·
i use them for my 2613 for indoor shooting.

ive shot them outdoors also and notice they slope off signficiantly after 30 yds. i put some on my axis arrows to test them against blazers. they slope off at about 35 with axis and significantly at 50 yds. out to 60 yds they are hitting dirt when my blazers are still on the mark.

just my personal experience.

the oscillation on the arrow causes the arrow to drop. thats why they are perfect for short indoor shooting.

#4 ·
Qwikspins

I use quik spins exclusively! I've tried every other vains including feathers and Blazers(which I always have a hard time getting them to glue on securely). I don't shoot indoors only hunting and 3D. I have found they are much more accurate especially with broadheads than anything else I have tried. I shoot them on CE Maxima Hunters and Grizzlystiks. I shot Axis with Blazers and any little bit of wind and they are all over the map for me. They stay on wel and they are very predictible. I think they are well worth the extra cost. I wouldn't shoot anything else. BTW I only shoot the 4 inch.

Bowtech Allegiance
Vital Bow Gear Rest
Black Gold Flashpoint
WC strings
CE Maxima Hunters
Slick tricks/Silver Flame Broadheads

#5 ·
After last years bow season, i switched to the 2.25 QS, and absolutely hated them. Expensive. Noisy. WIth enough hellical i got them to fly decently past thirty yards, but lost significant speed. Offset they flew decent enough to 20 yards but noticed irregular fly past twenty. It sucked because i had them put on new crested arrows so i didn't just want to scrape them off. Now I'm back to feathers.

#6 ·
I used them and liked them alot...they worked well with my Montec G5 broadheads. only reason I changed is that I went to the WB and the blazers heald up better with it.

#7 ·
For 3-d I love them! I don't notice any drop out to 50-yds. as compared to any others. I shoot the 2.25's. The guys in my group in Augusta at the ASA said my arrows were flying beautifully. I am no great shooter but this was my 2nd big tourney in 10-yrs. I shot 17-down for 17th in Hunter class...For me it was good. I think the QS's are great vanes.

#8 ·
I use them for hunting, indoor, and 3-D. They have proved to me to be very consistant. My 3-D arrows at 50 yds seem to shoot about 2 inches lower than the same arrow with duravanes. Indoor it tightened up my groups considerably. I'll avg. 27 - 28 x's every 30 targets.

Just my experience.

J.Shoot:)

#9 ·
Qs

J.Shoot said:
I use them for hunting, indoor, and 3-D. They have proved to me to be very consistant. My 3-D arrows at 50 yds seem to shoot about 2 inches lower than the same arrow with duravanes. Indoor it tightened up my groups considerably. I'll avg. 27 - 28 x's every 30 targets.

Just my experience.

J.Shoot:)
Hi , what size of QS do you use to Indoor ??
I shot a Hoyt Protec 51Lbs and Easton Eclipse 2312.
Thanks
Jorge

#10 ·
Don't Recomend

They are not durable at all.

The material has almost no memory so any one contact with another arrow or target renders them deformed or damaged.

In addition I found them noisey and slower.
Tried 4" and 2.25"

Really wanted them to work.
I really gave them several tries as I wanted the benefits the advertise.
But as I already said above............

As you already know as well of course, they are expensive.

I use Blazers.
Great broadhead flight.
Extremely durable.
Target, 3D, Hunting.

Havent used anything else in 2 years.

All that being said, try them for yourself and see.
Some folks dig em?

#12 ·
i absolutely love my 2.25" quickspins for 3d, they shrunk my groups out to 50 yards, glue on and stay on well, just made my grouping alot more consistent. there are some downfalls, like said before they dont have the best memory. i fletched my hunting arrows with the 4" and using a trophy taker drop away they were rippling (all 3 fletches) and there was absolutely no contact. and for hunting they are not the quietest fletches out there but shooting deer at 25 yards IMO would hardly be a factor. all that being said i do like the smaller quickspins for 3d.

havent tried those blazer vanes yet but alot of talk about them and gonna give em a try for sure.

#13 ·
Lungbuster, I use the 4" quick spins on heavy shafts with fixed blade heads, and last year I used the 2.25"ers for NFAA dots, BHFS, they also work just fine for mechanical heads at 280fps. This year I've installed the 3.125's and will be using them.

I have made several comparisons with AAE's/Duravanes, and though some differences can be observed they are very small over hunting ranges. I took 8 arrows, CX 3D 200's, to the range on two days this spring, 2 with 2.25"QS/RW 1 degree offset, two with 3.125" QS/RW helical, two with 3.125" QS/RW 1 degree offset,and two with 3" Duravanes/RW helical. I shot all 8 at targets 60-80yds, several times, on both days. There wasn't one bit of difference that I could detect, with most shots in the inner 4 ring or the dot, at all ranges. But the QS arrows consistantly group better at all ranges,

Fletching them helical will slow things down a bit with the 4"er's, and cost you 4" with heavy shafts and up to 8" with lighter shafts at 65yds, for the most part, fletched straight, there's no difference at all.

Do I use them on all of my setups? No, as with mechanical heads there's not a dimes difference over hunting ranges. My 3D setup, a 62lb Vipertec with GTUL 400's, does not shoot detectably better at 3D yardages relative to my 4" Duravanes. But my hunting bows shooting CX Terminators, with G5's and Barrie fixed blade heads DO shoot better with the 4"er's fletched straight. Way better.

All in all, I've used them on various shafts from my 2-50lb bows, my 3-60lb bows, and my 70lb elk rig, from 250-300fps. Some show advantages, some do not. None have ever made a noticable noise.

Do they hold up well? No.
Are they worth the money? Sometimes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.