PDA

View Full Version : i need help!!!!

hawkdriver
April 3rd, 2006, 08:51 PM
ok, let's set this up. you shoot 29" draw and 70lbs. you love to bowhunt and occasionally you like to shoot a 3d tournament or two and be competitive. you're only allowed one bow. you live and hunt in the southeast. deer from a treestand and turkeys from the ground. you have a hoggit sight, ultra rest, scott lil goose release, and a super stix stabilizer. what are you gonna put it on. a 2005 camo mathews ovation or a 2005 hoyt vtec. please help me so i can get some sleep. thanks!!!!!

fasst
April 3rd, 2006, 08:59 PM
Which bow feels better to you? :wink:

hawkdriver
April 3rd, 2006, 09:02 PM
the ovation feels great on the range, but the vtec feels better sitting on the ground hunting turkeys

hawkdriver
April 3rd, 2006, 10:11 PM
any thoughts about straightline single cam vs the cam and a half?

BRONZ
April 3rd, 2006, 11:25 PM
Since you like both bows, would you say you put more emphasis on the target range or hunting more? I was talking with one of the proshop guys tonight and he said, "I'm a competitive shooter first, and a hunter second." This statement would allow him to make up his mind if he were in the same dilema.

Beendare
April 4th, 2006, 01:34 AM
Both are good bows so I would look at which feels better first and second which will be easier to maintain perfect tune day in and day out.