PDA

View Full Version : Saltwater

flats1
June 22nd, 2006, 09:34 PM
So does anybody fish in the saltwater? I love to fish that is my second hobby. I fish in SW florida 1 to 2 times a week and since it it summer I fish even more. I will have to post some pictures of some fish I have caught latley.

tinman1
June 23rd, 2006, 10:06 AM
Yea, i like to fish, preferably offshore for king Mackerel and dolphin, tuna, and such. Great Sport, Loads of fun. I am just so grateful to have been born and raised here, and able to have the Ocean at my disposal. Still envious of the mountain men though...LOL

Q!!
June 23rd, 2006, 10:10 AM
me and 19 other guys make an annual fishing trip to San Diego every year. This year will be our 9th year. We go out on a 5 day charter. Usually run about 200 miles off the coast, and down in to Mexico. We go in August to hit the tuna run. Those things are amazing. Fight like hell. We catch yellow and bue fin tuna, albacore, dolphin (dorado), yellow tail, and even some sharks. At night we fish for squid. Anyway, it's a blast, and I can't wait till August.

Engelsmung
June 23rd, 2006, 10:19 AM
I fish Calcasieu Lake south of Lake Charles, Cocodrie and Grand Isle in south central La, for trout, redfish and flounder, and occaisionally go offshore for snapper, ling, amberjack and grouper.

Mr. Two_Hooks
June 23rd, 2006, 10:23 AM
I fish Calcasieu Lake south of Lake Charles, Cocodrie and Grand Isle in south central La, for trout, redfish and flounder, and occaisionally go offshore for snapper, ling, amberjack and grouper.

i've fished the east and west coasts of FL (grew up there), and out of Galveston here in Tx. recently sold the offshore rig to make time for the kids.

btw, engelsmung, Calcasieu was fouled up there pretty bad after Rita.

Steiner
June 23rd, 2006, 11:05 AM
We have a camp in cocodrie, La. Only 18 miles to the gulf. We do it all from inshore (red, specks) to offshore (snapper, cobia, grouper, amberjack, etc...). Whatever will bite. My favorite is taking the small 14' flat in the marshes and pullling out monster reds with light tackle. Nothing like getting pulled around the marsh by a fish.

flats1
June 24th, 2006, 12:20 PM
I fish out of a kayak latley I have been doing alot of tournaments. We fish inshore for redfish, snook, tarpon, etc.

hoytshtr
June 27th, 2006, 09:42 PM
I bet you guys slay cobia down there. somepne just recently caught a new VA state record 109 lbs. It was a freaking monster. I haven't fished for cobia but a couple or 3 times and been blanked every time so far. He caught it saturday ahere i wanted to go on friday. a guy told me not to go there, Should have went with my gut huh?

gfish
July 26th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Avid inshore spin/fly for snook tarpon and reds in Tampa. Also freedive spearfish.