PDA

View Full Version : Salmon fishing, anyone?

MNmike
June 28th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Anyone here going to fish the K/D salmon tournament in July?

Kewaunne and Door county Wisconsin.

I'll be fishing out of Algoma July 26th-30th.

Tournament runs 9 days, July 22nd-30th

I will be docking out of Sunset Cove.

This will be the 5th super year of salmon fishing in a row for Door county.

Here is a link to the K/D site...

http://www.kdsalmon.com/

mathews/fish
June 29th, 2006, 12:21 AM
I won't be fishing up there with you...

I have to travel all of a city block to the river, where I catch Steelheads, and Browns.

Have fun...

Termie
June 29th, 2006, 05:14 PM
im glad there is a fishery on the west side of lake michigan, cuz they surely isnt much of one left on the west side of lake huron where i fish.

MNmike
June 29th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Yup, been real good fishing the past 4 seasons. Was there last weekend and it was a little slow for us. @ boats and 6 guys, only 11 fish. Had Alwives (?sp) all over the place dying. Water must of warmed up a little. July seems to always rock there.

I may have a open seat in my boat for this trip.:wink:

I'll keep people informed if there is a opening or two. It is real cheap trip except for fuel. $52/night for a 2 twin bed room and $25/day for a slip at Sunset Cove marina. Beats getting to the boat ramp at 3am and waiting in line for a 1/2 hour.

We leave the marina at about 3:45am to fish by 4:30. The charters leave at 4am, and like to beat them out so we aren't crashing their wake.

I got hooked fishing out there 3 years ago. Now I have a larger boat and electric downriggers plus a couple dozen rod and reels just for salmon.

If the wife only knew how much I spent.:eek:

mathews/fish
June 30th, 2006, 02:20 AM
A mans got to do what a mans got to do.

Beats the heck out of paying a councelor thousands of dollars to listen to your problems.

sean
June 30th, 2006, 02:26 AM
just got back from kenai and anchorage this last sunday fishin on the russian was gooooodd the kings were coming in on sheeps creek ....oh yea

fireman jb
July 1st, 2006, 10:33 PM
Good to see you were up here fishing Sean. I've made a few runs to the Russian for reds. A few buddies and myself are hitting ship tomorrow for the monsters.

sean
July 2nd, 2006, 12:35 AM
it was a blast I would stay some whare other than anchorage next time though ..

fireman jb
July 10th, 2006, 12:01 AM
You'll have to let me know next time you come up. If you don't mind Anchorage that much you could always stay at my place on base. Or the hotel on base, which happens to extremely reasonably priced compared to off base.

sean
July 10th, 2006, 01:39 AM
You'll have to let me know next time you come up. If you don't mind Anchorage that much you could always stay at my place on base. Or the hotel on base, which happens to extremely reasonably priced compared to off base.

whare were you 3 weeks ago? it may be a while befor I make it back up but thanks none the less .... what a place to be on station its awesome this time of year ...

DixieBoy
July 14th, 2006, 05:30 AM
yeah man, alaska is the ****(drunk as snot), fishin up here is like no other. big easy fishin, hittin the silvers on sunday, how bout it fireman?