PDA

View Full Version : What way do you fish?

**Frost Bite**
July 6th, 2006, 11:36 PM
just as the title says!

Doc
July 7th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Bowfish of course.

dodgensince74
July 7th, 2006, 12:16 AM
i chose other since I use lures and live bait

Deer Dave
July 7th, 2006, 03:33 AM
Bowfish!!

Trolling and casting for Smallies and Musky.

Dave

**Frost Bite**
July 7th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Bowfish of course.

Ooopppsss :confused: :confused: :confused:

hoyt bowhunting
July 7th, 2006, 10:16 AM
I do mostly bowfishing. But i just started musky fishing and i have done that a few times but i liek bowfishing way better.
matt

Airhead
July 7th, 2006, 02:18 PM
I see I'm the first to reply Flyfish only.

I have to admit, I jig for Walleye about twice a year, fish with bait for Rainbows at night in the summer maybe twice a year, and ice fish for gills a couple times.

Considering I Flyfish for all species about 100 times a year, I'll stick to that answer.

Kelly Johnson
July 8th, 2006, 12:08 PM
I'll do it all depending on the situation, water, species, time of year etc.

I'm no master at the fly rod but I can make it work when needed.

I have a problem fishing vertically though...one lake around here is VERY clear and pretty deep (70-90) with big sandy shoals and islands. I know there are some brutes there but can't seem to get to them:embara:

tcooll77
July 8th, 2006, 05:17 PM
bowfishin,flyfish , troll over weed beds with live/atrificial lures

spec
July 9th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Baitcasting at night with topwater for walleyes and stripers.

SgtBoneCrusher
July 9th, 2006, 11:03 PM
tournament fish for bass....crankbaits, topwater, plastics.....i ocassionally night fish for crappie and such, but bassin' is my passion

Team Hoyt PA
July 9th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Team Hoyt PA is a man of many styles baby!!!! :wink: :cool:
I dabble in a little bit of everything. Of course it typically depends on what i'm fishing for and what i feel like using that particular day.

Kickin_Killa
July 9th, 2006, 11:19 PM
6' Ugly stick, 6# test line. Minnows with a big enough split shot to get to the bottom. Thats the way I fish rivers and creeks. Night crawlers will be the better bait to be using here very shortly (late july through Sept. usually).

Matt / PA
July 10th, 2006, 10:48 AM
I am another flyfishing only vote..........unless I get talked into ice fishing of course.:wink:

doctariAFC
July 10th, 2006, 11:11 AM
I voted "other" because I employ just about every angling technique and tackle selection, depending on my fishing mood.

I fly fish for trout and bass (and sometimes pike)

I use spinning gear for trout as well, plus walleye and bass when jigging deep or working light artificials such as floating/ original rapalas, ultralight rigs for crappie, etc.

I use baitcasting gear for running spinnerbaits, deep diving cranks, beefy topwaters, an heavier deep water jigging for walleye and Lake Erie smallmouth, plus working large jerk baits for musky. Pitching and flipping jig & pigs and plastic worms when accuracy is demanded, like pitching under docks, hole dipping a weed bed, or picking apart a fallen tree, etc.

I'll even employ a spincasting rig when working floating worms in a lily pad field, but that is rare, as I typically will opt for bait casting and weedless frog in that scenario, but, you never know.

Trolling, using level wind line counter reels and some serious sticks. 10 color lead core, dipsey/ wire rigs, etc. Generally for walleye and salmon.

Tip ups and jigging rods when Ice Fishing, tip ups for the pike, jigging for walleye, crappie and perch. Will use jigging spoons and sonic blade baits, like the Silver Buddy, or will also opt for large shiners and chubs on the tip ups, or lead head jigs and minnows, or marmooskas and grubs, like mousies and wax worms, especialy on the perch.

I'll use live bait, artificial hard-bodies, plastics, et al, dry flies, nymphs, emergers, wet flies, streamers, float rigs, 3-way rigs, Carolina rigs, drop shot rigs, the lot of them, depending on what I want to catch and what mood I am in on any given trip. And, yes, I fish a lot.

cory691989
July 11th, 2006, 11:27 AM
i do what ever it takes for those muskie and bass to bite:wink:

JCBears
August 12th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Can't beat the ultra lite with a noodle rod

rdneckhntr
August 12th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Ive done it all at least once except for the fly fishing...well ive flyfished with a spinning reel but not with an actual fly rod...

PA.JAY
August 12th, 2006, 02:40 PM
troll almost always unless for bass .
going for walleye tomorrow down were the yough meets the mon. glad i bought a mercury jet the river is really low !

Donhudd
August 12th, 2006, 02:54 PM
All of the above plus using baitcasting gear with artificials plus bowfishing

Paul S.
August 23rd, 2006, 02:10 AM
I fish for anything that I can, anyway I can, so I chose "other".

bill_rollins
August 23rd, 2006, 02:20 AM
I fish for anything that I can, anyway I can, so I chose "other".

:darkbeer: :wink:

dcwhite55044
August 24th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Flyfish! Something about the traditional archery and flyfishing that are tied together. Fred Bear and I share the same loves. :cocktail: CHEERS!

glockman55
August 24th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Troll for Walleye on the Great Lakes, and Fish Steelhead in the rivers.

Wisc.whitetailer
September 1st, 2006, 10:41 PM
Nothing better than that huge lg mouth exploding on a surface lure right at dark.

longcut36
September 1st, 2006, 10:45 PM
spinning rods, crank bait rods, fly rods, bow and a 12 foot bamboo pole with about 8 foot of line and a fly on it to catch frogs in a pond thick with lily pads. if it lives in water i will fish for it any were any time. my vote was for other

spec
September 3rd, 2006, 04:35 PM
Baitcasters and artificial.

Bassmaster
September 23rd, 2006, 11:36 PM
I rarley use spinning reels except for drop shot or extreme light tackle. I like the casting better.

60xar
September 24th, 2006, 11:09 PM
jigs and soft plastics are where my money come from.

big scores
September 24th, 2006, 11:12 PM
i chose other since I use lures and live bait
same thing for me. other.

Chris C.
September 24th, 2006, 11:40 PM
I LOVE to spey fish for steelhead! Swinging a softhackle for trout isn't bad either...

Chris

cory691989
September 25th, 2006, 03:59 PM
and what do you dooo with the steel head hope you dont eat them:pukey: ?

doctariAFC
September 25th, 2006, 04:15 PM
and what do you dooo with the steel head hope you dont eat them:pukey: ?
Why not? What's wrong with rainbow trout?

finsnfur
September 26th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Yeah, nothing like eating a fresh chromie or red fireball that was just walking on the water.
To me, only a walleye tastes better than a fresh steelhead.

I fly fish for salmon, steelhead, northern, LMB, SMB, gills and carp.
Landed my first carp this past year.

Other than that it is worms and minnows with my kids on the scooby pole or the barbie pole.

In the end, it is all about having fun!!!

Amphibious
October 31st, 2006, 02:16 AM
freedive (breath hold) spearfisherman. rod fished as a kid to the point of religion, but once I found freediving the tackle started gathering dust.

Norwegian Woods
November 1st, 2006, 01:26 PM
I fish with all sorts of different methods in all sorts of water.
Wherever I go in the world, I have some fishing gear with me.
In 1998 i fished striped bass in Chesapeak Bay with bait and light tackle. Great!
Even if I fish all methods, I must say that my favourits are flyfishing with one-hand rod and baitfishing.
Flyfishing in small lakes in our mountains for 2-5 lbs arctic char with my #3 sage is the best!:)

Professur
November 1st, 2006, 02:09 PM
Whatever get's 'em on the plate. Not allowed live bait where I fish, tho.

Dave Nowlin
November 3rd, 2006, 10:21 PM
Fly Fish in fresh water for bream, bass, trout & stripers. I also fish for various species including sauger, smallmouth bass and others with spinning tackle. I use bait casting tackle for bass, white bass, and stripers. In salt water I use spinning, surf spinning, bait casting, fly fishing & bottom fishing with heavy Penn lever drags. That about covers most of the bases. For some species I use bait but for most species artificals.
Dave Nowlin