PDA

View Full Version : color vs action....

SgtBoneCrusher
July 7th, 2006, 03:16 PM
alright guys......what is more important, the color of the bait or the action of the bait? i think color......i will explain later cause the wife is calling.........

tackscall
July 7th, 2006, 03:24 PM
To me size/silhouette is most important, especially for fly fishing

hoyt bowhunting
July 7th, 2006, 03:38 PM
I would have to say that size and movement are key factors. I think that big lures catch big fish. So size maters. And movement because if it dont look like a something the fish like they wont eat it.
matt

doctariAFC
July 7th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Its all about presentation. Part of this is color selection, part of this is lure/ fly choice, and part of it is working the right structure or range in the water column to draw strikes. When it all comes together, FISH ON!

Now, the hardest part to remember is to REMEMBER what the heck you did when that fish hit, so you can apply this knowledge to future casts and to future trips.... That isn't as easy as it sounds....

cory691989
July 11th, 2006, 11:13 AM
with muskie its movement w2hen hes trailing that and you jurk it its going to trigger a strike.......>>

SgtBoneCrusher
July 11th, 2006, 08:26 PM
i think i went too general on this one......i'll do up another in a bit, but when it comes to the species of fish you fish for, i see what is most important.

if you dont know how to use the lure, you aren't gonna catch many fish....just as if you dont know how to use a bow, you aren't gonna kill many deer in archery season

SilentHntr.
July 12th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Many variables to being consistant at catching fish; water color vs lure color, habitat vs lure size and action, temp vs presentation and lastly matching those factors to the natural forage in the lake.

BigBucks125
July 13th, 2006, 08:37 AM
its all about the presentation!

**Frost Bite**
July 13th, 2006, 11:34 PM
how about it all?? I make polls all the time but always forget some of the important stuff!

Bassmaster
August 11th, 2006, 11:48 PM
It depends on what you are doin, as in what fish? lake or pond? what kinda of cover? what time of year? weather? Let me tell you a story,Me and my buddy was fishing in a pond side by side, and both with flukes, mine was smoking shad and his was baby bass (1st time he has ever seen a fluke so let him try one of mine). So being impationt he works it fast and hard. While i was working mine slow and smooth. Lets just say within 30 mins. i caught 3, 2 2lbers and a 4 1/2lber, and he was zip with no bites. my fish were only caught when there was an overcast + there was a strong thunderstorm 1-mile away but never got to us.