PDA

View Full Version : anyone texas rigging

tcooll77
July 8th, 2006, 05:21 PM
took me about 15 minutes to get the hook right on the tube im going to use tomorraw , took me a while but now it looks like kvd rigged it
it will be my 1st time trying it , how do u reel it in , or do you just jig the lure up /down while reeling

DixieBoy
July 14th, 2006, 06:12 AM
yeah man, just give it a little twitch now and then, usually nise and slow, cant beat the texas rig, have u used the carolina?

tcooll77
July 14th, 2006, 11:27 AM
no but i know how to rig one , just you need the beeds and stuff

SgtBoneCrusher
July 14th, 2006, 12:51 PM
be very careful using the T-Rig and C-Rig.....you might become an addict.....the key to being a good angler is being a versitile angler.....

i love a weighless senko on deep docks this time of year....just skip it back up under it and watch your line......if it moves in anything other than a slow sinking motion, set the hook.....

tcooll77
July 14th, 2006, 01:03 PM
does this work in weeds because isnt the point to drag the tr/cr on the bottom
but ill have to try that senko , my guess is the bass are deep also

SgtBoneCrusher
July 15th, 2006, 12:39 PM
in the post spawn before it gets rediculously hot, the fish are relating to structure with access to deep water. a dock who's front is in 12-16ft of water and especially on a channel bend is the best bet. also, if the dock has a roof on it, pick it apart. check out wackyworm.com, they have the best deal on senkos and their product has alot of salt in it which, when hooked, i have found puts white patches on the bait, i think that is key to these fish. make sure you use braided line, when that big one wraps a dock post, mono will break in a heartbeat.........my setup for this is a shimano med-heavy 6ft 6in spinning rod and reel, i only use gammy hooks and fireline......

DixieBoy
July 18th, 2006, 06:17 PM
the texs rig is very weedless and easy to fish in heavy cover, i've had problems with the carolinas' weight getting tangled.

rdneckhntr
August 2nd, 2006, 06:32 PM
yeah man, just give it a little twitch now and then, usually nise and slow, cant beat the texas rig

I used it last wednesday fishing and we caught 23 decent bass in about 4hrs... IT WAS HOTTTTT!!!

Bassmaster
August 12th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Yes, since that my state invented it. You ever texas rig a fluke, good foor 4-8 weed beds but it only catches the FAT ones. LOL

ARhunter16
August 17th, 2006, 11:18 PM
senko is probably the best way to go. the best way to catch big fish on it is to find where it drops off into a trough instead of just fishing on top of really tall weeds that come to the surface. where the troughs are the big fish hang out. anywhere from 7-9 foot or water sarounded by grass is a good spot. keep it slow in the heat though. this worked for me and a friend, caught two 7 pounds and better in two hours. others were caught decent 4's and 5's but nothing like the 7 pounds. it works well if you put lunker sauce on it to help it along as well. you dont have to use it but it helps. we use the shad scent, works well.