PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Pulling all firearms

I SKUNKED YOU
July 16th, 2006, 09:15 PM
I don't know if this is going on across the US, but in Dayton OH walmart has quit selling firearms. Anybody else see any of this?

sean
July 16th, 2006, 09:28 PM
in alaska they sell hand guns and long guns ... if they stop selling guns Ill stop shopping there ..

clayking
July 16th, 2006, 09:34 PM
They "say" that they will only sell them in area's where the demand is high so it will limited to certain stores. Mine still sells long guns and ammo, but I don't buy guns there as my gun shop has pretty good prices. Pretty soon I won't be buying ammo either as I need to start reloading for handguns.........finally, a reason to never go into Wal-Mart again...........I think the bean counters don't realize that when they stop carrying items for lack of "super" demand, that they hurt other sales that might have happened.................ck

Newhunter1
July 16th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Wal Mart stopped doing this around March of this year. I emailed them but I've never gotten a reply. My wife shops there so I have basically no say...:embara:

smallgamehunter
July 16th, 2006, 10:11 PM
i know all of the walmarts around me except the one super center are no longer sellin guns

frog
July 16th, 2006, 10:42 PM
I will see if I can get hold of my Wifes Uncle and find out exactly what the deal is. It might take me a while to get in contact with him since he is gone to other countries all the time. I'm sure he will be able to enlighten us on this subject so all there will be facts behind whats going on.
frog

bowmanhunter
July 17th, 2006, 12:22 AM
I actually called WalMart on this myself. They stated that with all the different guns laws each part of the states have now, they couldnt keep track of legally selling guns. For example our guns laws in Port Clinton are different than the guns laws in Toledo.(40 miles from me)

DJ

Narc
July 17th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Several of the stores in Texas have stopped selling guns, but I've been told by the director of my local store that high volume stores will continue selling them. They've been taking the inventory from the stores that no longer carry guns, which is good for me anyway.

rdneckhntr
July 18th, 2006, 10:23 AM
I went last week and they are still selling them around here...

redneckarcher29
July 20th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Yea there is no guns at wal-mart near me anymore

Phyllis D
July 21st, 2006, 02:59 AM
They still have them in Oklahoma but the hassle is so bad it is not worth it to save a few bucks. I bought my daughter an 835 mossberg 12 guage special order and they wouldn't let me look at it closely at the store. I had to wait 15 minutes for a manager qualified to walk me to the front of the store since I couldn't carry an unloaded gun through the store but I could buy ammo for it at the time I purchased it and when you get to that red fire line in front of the store, they hand you the gun! I had to return it because it was defective and I had to stand outside the store until a qualified manager came out to carry it to the back of the store, after 15 minutes of standing in the Oklahoma heat on the stupid red line I walked in and sat down in lawn and garden on an empty shelf.

I got reprimanded like a kid cheating on a test when I bought the gun because my 17 yr old talked to me while I was filling out the application to purchase it. The sales lady told me that no one could help me answer the questions :eek: and if she helped me they couldn't sell me the gun, the only thing that kept me from walking out then is I had put 50% nonrefundable deposit on the gun but they won't get me with that one again!

gmherps
July 27th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Over 1000 Wally Worlds are pulling their guns b/c of sales being so low. Sounds like political buy offs to me.

MrTwigg
July 27th, 2006, 10:55 AM
They stopped selling firearms in most stores in Massachusetts a year ago, except for maybe one or two stores. Thankfully they still sell ammo. Gotta love those $8.96 550 round .22 bulk packs!

Huntinggirl
July 31st, 2006, 04:53 PM
Most stores in Mi have stopped as well.

N.H. Bowstalker
August 14th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Every local walmart in my area ( 60 miles ) stopped. The odd part is 2 are supercenters and in the 2 largest cities! I have to wonder if all the gun hating Anti leftests finally got their way due to their Walmart is evil campaign. Walmart has been trying for 2 years to build a MUCH needed store within 12 miles of my town but the Walmart hating libs have done everything to prevent through lies and media distortion. I guess since they can't control their own lives they have to try to control ours!