PDA

View Full Version : Bitzenberg users

SyberEagle
July 23rd, 2006, 06:34 AM
I have just bought one of these cause everyone sais they are the best. Now can someone describe to me the difference between the straight and helical clamps in reguards to how much offset is possible with each. I am having a hard time deciding which would be the best to use. Does one pick up where the other leaves off or what? :confused:

Thank you in advance for any insight you can give. :wink:

It's my first time, just incase that wasn't obvious enough. :embara:

Darren

emb
July 23rd, 2006, 07:05 AM
I'm not sure what you're asking. It is what the terms imply. However, you will want a straight offset of a couple of degrees. You don't need to offset the jig with the helical. Just set it straight. The amount of helical or offset will depend on the arrow type and the length of fletching. Good Luck.

creekchub
July 23rd, 2006, 07:13 AM
with smaller diameter carbon shaft i like the straight clamp with a slight offset for hunting.
for starters what clamp did you get with your jig and is it new in the box? how much offset in my experience depends on your arrow and personal preference. if you want lot of spin i would suggest a helical clamp. but if you just want the arrow to spin some stay with the straight clamp and put a slight offset on you vane or feather. best thing to do is look at the directions that came with the clamp and go from there

Crashman
July 26th, 2006, 10:56 PM
I am using a Bitzenberger too, and I use a right helical clamp and with a bit of offset on the magnet. I like quite a bit of helical with my Blazers and they seem to be working very well for in this configuration. I also fletch 2.3 a 3" Duravanes in the same manner for 3D and target, also with great results. I really have a hard time believing that you might put on too much helical--since you have a clamp and all it will cost is a bit of time and a few vanes, why not try a little experimenting??:rock-on:

LaMar Stewart
February 24th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I use a Bitzenberger also, which jig I use depends on my arrow diameter, the rest I'm using, if I will hunt, or target shoot only. I like to shoot a right helical no offset, with my drop away rest. You will need to check your vein clearance, if your veins hit, with a helical, you may want to go with a stright clamp with an offset. The offset will make your arrows spin, the helical will spin them even faster. one thing to remember is that the faster your arrows spins, you will loose down range speed. If your bow is tuned perfect stright fleching would work just fine. Helical fleching is more forgiving then strignt. When you put on broadheads, you just installed wings on the front of your arrow you will need enough stearing and or drag on the back to over come, what the front wants to do.
I have shot, a shoot through rest, and had to use the stright clamp with an offset.
Feathers are more forgiving then veins with contact, and have more drag than veine, but they get wet and are not as durable as veins.
as long as you don't have contact, with your fleching. The rest is personal perference.

2-STROKE
February 25th, 2008, 09:00 PM
I also fletch Blazers R. Helical with Offset. I just insure good contact with the max amount of Offset and then thats my guide...