PDA

View Full Version : How much does your tackle box/bag weigh?

Paul S.
July 29th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Mines right at about 25lbs at the moment, my wife thinks I'm obsessed.:) How about you guys?

bowhunt_15
July 29th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Mines not quite that heavy but it probly weighs about 15 pounds but i mainly just bast fish and i love fishin with the ol plastics so theyre pretty light.

Team Hoyt PA
July 29th, 2006, 11:00 AM
probobly not more than 5 or 6 pounds. It's a Soft tackle box from wally world, one of the bigger ones they have, but it's not really that heavy.

Paul S.
July 29th, 2006, 11:20 AM
She made the comment the other day, "Why do you need more lures? you can't lug that thing around now"! I said "sure I can, that why theres a shoulder strap on it!":)

A4BEST
July 29th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Plano 737 about 27 lbs. Made the mistake of leaveing it in Az on a hunt and had to get it sent back.

Paul S.
July 29th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Plano 737 about 27 lbs. Made the mistake of leaveing it in Az on a hunt and had to get it sent back.

Ouch!

JoshKeller
July 30th, 2006, 02:42 AM
I have 43 shimano plastic boxes in 4 compartments in my boat. PLus the cooler on the front deck is filled with a soft plastics organizer. So I guess you could say its about 2200 lbs :teeth:

blue thunder
July 30th, 2006, 06:30 AM
Mine would go right at 15#.Lots of jigs for walleyes.:)

lilblknight
July 30th, 2006, 07:04 AM
the more time your fishing means the less time your fussing with each other and besides if she wants to hear us fuss about the multiple purses,shoes or what ever junk women buy, then she may keep on i buy hunting and fishing stuff often and a specially if its a good deal and i here it every now and then, but she knows as long as we pay the bills and spend time with each other and we save a lil here and their and enjoy time together we will be fine besides if your in the poor house you can at least bring home dinner..now dont get me started on the 50.00 bucks she spends on shampoo to last a month errrrrrrr
women cant live with em and you cant live with out em
we are just made to think different but it works out in the end

ATB
August 2nd, 2006, 03:42 PM
Mines right at about 25lbs at the moment, my wife thinks I'm obsessed.:) How about you guys?

Mine is about the same maybe a little heavier. Its holds 8 of the bigger Plano boxes and 2 of the smaller Plano boxes plus my raingear, bugspray, pliers, snips. My wife busts my chops regularly because every weekend when we go to my inlaws cottage it takes up so much room and I keep bringing it back and forth in case I get the chance to fish during the week. The funny thing is I 80% of the time I use 2 lures out of all this stuff a spinnerbait and a weightless texas rigged worm for skipping under docks.

Slippy Field
August 2nd, 2006, 04:10 PM
I just got back from Canada and took 11 tackle boxes. I'm guessing they weighed around 25 lbs. Normally, I have about 1/2 that amount as I normally don't pack that much lead.

I also cleared security in Columbus and then Customs in Toronto with an 9 inch fillet knife in my carry on bag that I had NO IDEA it was in there. I found the knife after the fact when I was digging through my bag for cigarettes at the hotel.

SilentHntr.
August 2nd, 2006, 06:08 PM
and it is fast as well.:wink:

rdneckhntr
August 2nd, 2006, 06:27 PM
Mine's probably over 20#...I hate carrying that thing around but I always do cause Im afraid Ill need something or not have that "special bait" if ya know what I mean....:wink:

MHU
August 4th, 2006, 01:20 PM
I'm not sure how much my boat.....errrr......tackle box.......weighs. :darkbeer:

SgtBoneCrusher
August 5th, 2006, 01:05 AM
I'm not sure how much my boat.....errrr......tackle box.......weighs. :darkbeer:

im with ya.....20ft'er, probablly 2100 with a full tank (50gal:cry: )

Bassmaster
August 12th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Mines right at 30. Have to cram topwaters and cranks in it as it is already my second and third are 25 lots of spinners, heavy heavy jigs(for deep cover) light jigs and Buzzbaits and 20 for my worms(love to texas rig) its a big box.

camotoe
January 5th, 2007, 09:34 PM
I used to carry heavy, but now, I pretty much get what I'll need for the morning, or evening and take just the minimum necesseties. Plus, my wife and I are fishing out of kayaks, and there's not much room for a honkin 25 pound box banging around.

childers
January 7th, 2007, 12:44 AM
mines a lot. i dont want to even know. it probably weighs atleast 30 pounds plus all my reels and fly fishing stuff

Airhead
January 7th, 2007, 06:32 PM
How much does your tackle box/bag weigh?

Which one? :shade:

jagerace
January 8th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Which one? :shade:

What he said. I have a 7 box soft side full of crankbaits, 11 lbs. A 12 tray hardcase for all of my weights, riggings, hooks, ect. A large box for all of my ultralite tackle 10lbs, a 35 page dual binder for my soft plastics 15 lbs, a huge box for all of my river fishing waaay over 20 lbs. Then theres 2 or three misc. boxes depending on species. Gotta mention my boxes upon boxes of fly fishing tackle. I probably have over 1000 flys, easy. I could go on but I'll quit for now.

Josh

Arkie_3_fan
January 10th, 2007, 03:43 PM
I've got one box that's crammed full of soft plastics. I usually fish weightless so I have very little in the way of weights in there and the thing is still around 25lbs. The bad thing is, I've got two more sacks of plastics that are probably 10-15lbs each that I rotate in and out of the box/replenish my box with from time to time. My all around box is a little over 10lbs and then I've got about 3 or 4 smaller boxes that are all 5lbs or less. If I fished for more than just Bass, Bream and Crappie there's no telling how much stuff I'd have.

doctariAFC
January 10th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Yep. I'm with Slient, Sgt and Josh. ABout 2300lb. My boat is my tackle box. Now if I am doing some stream or bank fishing for trout/ salmon or crappie or catfish, then I pack what I need into a fanny pack and that weighs only a couple pounds. But for the serious fishin', I let the boat do all the work.

ALAN_50501
January 10th, 2007, 07:11 PM
i have a rapala tackle bag with a cooler on top and 4 front loading plano tackle boxes full and i mean full of nothing but rapalas and wally divers all diff sizes and every color under the rainbow.theres 2 if not 3 in each compartmant.. then i have on each side i have little boes with jig heads and jig bodies.then the other storage has odds and ends like pliers. forceps, trolling bibles,...its really got alot of storage i think..i brought it off ebay for 40.00..its even got a thermos with a holder..

125 or bust
January 12th, 2007, 02:31 AM
so damn heavy I built new decks on my boat so i could put storage lockers in. those bags suck put em in ...pull em out......wheres that box with the salty tubes in it ?????on the bottom of course

AK-AZ
January 24th, 2007, 07:26 PM
My salmon box probably weighs in at about 20lbs at the moment, but that depends on whether or not I'm thinking about halibut fishing.

My trout box is fairly light probably about 5lbs at most.

AdamG
January 28th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Yeah which one?

My freshwater box weighs around 20#, my saltwater box weighs around 40#, my saltwater lure box weighs around 10-12#, my weight box is pushin 70#. Not to mention my reel box, line box, accessory box, and all my rods. Reckon thats why I drive a Duramax:shade:

Adam

mangler
February 23rd, 2007, 09:18 AM
lets see, my biggest "tacklebox" is 24 feet of aluminum for running big lakes and the ocean, then there is the 20 foot drift boat, the 14 foot lake boat, and last but not least the 23 foot bayliner capri my wife bought while i am in afghanistan that I will have to put some fishing stuff in along with the tubes and stuff for the family day on the lake. Not to mention all the fly stuff I have.

stixshooter
February 23rd, 2007, 11:43 AM
Which one ???