PDA

View Full Version : Lumenock Help

Divinecedar
August 5th, 2006, 11:47 PM
I recently purchased a lumenock for my Nuge Gold Tips and am having a little trouble with it. I went to the manufacturer's website and the directions were a little confusing. Must the nock be lit before I shoot? If it is seated well should it come on during flight? Any clarification would be appreciated.

mt1961
August 6th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Luminocks should come on upon release. There are 2 wires that make contact with the shaft that turns them on. To turn them off after the shot' just barely pull the nock out till the luminock goes out.

Divinecedar
August 6th, 2006, 12:33 PM
The problem is that when I shoot it, it does not illuminate. However, if I touch each of the terminals with a paper clip it comes on.

bigpoppa
August 6th, 2006, 04:43 PM
I would sand a little bit around the end of the arrow-the nock may not be making good contact with the wire to complete the circuit.

bowhntr33
August 10th, 2006, 11:58 AM
I had the same problem when I bought my first lumenock. I called the manufacturer, they told me some arrows have to be shimmed to get it to work. Inside the package that the nocks came in, just trim a small sheet of paper and insert it longways with the nock, thus making it a tighter fit push nock in just a bit before they touch the arrow, when you release the arrow it will come on. I used GoldTip arrows and this worked for me. I also had a problem with them turning off when they hit the target, shimming the arrows with a piece of paper fixed all these problems.