PDA

View Full Version : Switching to Carbon, Which one

hylander
August 6th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Just got a new SB XT.
And now I need to get some Carbons.
Have always used aluminum, so I need to get some input on what arrows to get. Will be useing for Target and for Hunting.
#70 Bow set at #66 with a 27.5" Draw

Zen Archery
August 6th, 2006, 11:57 PM
beeman black max 4
easton axis

Elk4me
August 7th, 2006, 12:42 AM
I am shootin the Beman Black Max out of my setup wich is just about the same. I also have used Cx200's as my arrow of choice before the BlackMax. I would say for your set up go with the Cx line of arrows . The axis arrow is a good arrow but the Black Max is a straighter arrow and a heaver arrow.

442fps
August 7th, 2006, 07:35 AM
CT Whitetail !

deer100
August 7th, 2006, 10:14 PM
I would either go with the beman black max elite or the easton axis.The axis are a little bit lighter but the bemans are straighter

Elk4me
August 8th, 2006, 01:27 AM
That is what I was trying to cenvey Deer thanks for the clarification. Yes the Black max ar .5 gr GPI heavery but that is not going to be noiticiable that much.

GinoD
August 8th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Easton acc's been using them for years without ANY problems.

Michigander
August 9th, 2006, 09:05 AM
All great recommendations here.
If you want to save some money. use the Beman ICS Hunters.
For the Slim Tech shafts, Beman Black Max can't be beat in price or in specs.
If you want tough, accurate, and consistant, the Carbon Tech all carbon shafts are number one in my shop.
If you want to spend the extra money, A/C/C's are a very, very good shaft for pretty much everything out there........including hunting.
One shaft we started to carry here this year that I really like, is the new Beman MFX Classic. They have the new Slim Technology for penetration, but they are the first arrow to do so with the wood grain look on the ooutside. They look really good, and perform like the Black Max.
Jerry

gevans
August 9th, 2006, 11:49 AM
For hunting and target I would suggest ACC's or Goldtip Pro Hunters!

pa10point
August 9th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Gold Tip!

Love them. All above are great arrows as well.

Seems to me personally, most are so well made these days, (assuming you stay out of the bargain caves) that shaft weight and resulting kinetic energy is the primary determining factor.

John

AT_X_HUNTER
August 9th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Gold Tip. They have lots of components to get the arrows just the way you want them.