PDA

View Full Version : Who does the cooking at your house???

BillyRay
August 10th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Mainly for couples or married folk, but anyone can chime in. Who cooks at your place, you or your sig other???

hoyt bowhunting
August 10th, 2006, 05:51 PM
What is the last one is that a new golf league? Wait i think i rememeber is that the football team that got beat my texas?
Nice to have you back BR

BillyRay
August 10th, 2006, 05:56 PM
What is the last one is that a new golf league? Wait i think i rememeber is that the football team that got beat my texas?
Nice to have you back BR
First time in 6 years..heck if I was a Texas fan I would still be bragging about it too...haha :D :D

Punch_Master
August 10th, 2006, 05:57 PM
I have to do all the cooking cause I cant teach train the cockroaches how to do it. They are ok running a maze to get to food but cooking is still beyond them.

Huntin4Elk
August 10th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Cooking???? :confused: :noidea:

bigrackHack
August 10th, 2006, 05:59 PM
I'm a single parent so I do all the cooking. I can cook anything as long as it says "helper" on the box. :D

BillyRay
Hmmm...you dissapoint me...heh :p :D

IGluIt4U
:ROFLMAO:.. otherwise known to some as igniting the food on the stove...:wink: :D :D

Since I am only me, myself and I, it us usually one of the three of us that draws the short straw... :rolleyes: :lol: :darkbeer:

Huntin4Elk
August 10th, 2006, 06:03 PM
:ROFLMAO:.. otherwise known to some as igniting the food on the stove...:wink: :D :D

OHHHHHHHH............you mean that thing I do that makes the firemen show up at the house.

Oh yea............I do that. :nod: :D :D :D

Joel C
I'm single now but in the past I have always done all or most of the cooking.

rdneckhntr
My mom.......:wink: .......or me.......

IGluIt4U
August 10th, 2006, 06:04 PM
OHHHHHHHH............you mean that thing I do that makes the firemen show up at the house.

Yepper, that's it.. I hear they like chili.... :wink: :D :D :D

Punch_Master
August 10th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Rumour has it she can burn things and dial 911 and make a fireman.....showup:D

Huntin4Elk
August 10th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Yepper, that's it.. I hear they like chili.... :wink: :D :D :D

Oh yea.......when my chili eats through the pan it is in, it makes a great fire. :nod:

GOT LUCKY
August 10th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh.......Let me say it this way.......

When I tell you that I am cleaning up the kitchen.....I am just "dusting off" the appliances!!

"PREGO"....It's in there!!

rembrandt
August 10th, 2006, 06:47 PM
BR....I do the breakfast thing and the rest is done by my wife. I don't understand it tho cause when I do the cooking I just put it on a plate but when she does it, the food is always in a KFC box!

bowmedic
August 10th, 2006, 07:09 PM
I do most of it. I cook at the Firehouse as well. I like to cook. Only problem is, I cook at work so much that when I am home I severely overestimate the portions...:confused: :eek: :darkbeer:

ATB
August 10th, 2006, 07:46 PM
I cook the most important part of the meal (meat):) on the grill, and my wife cooks the sides and makes salad.

AK-AZ
August 10th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Now that I am single, I get the call. It doesn't matter to me anyway as I enjoy cooking, now if I could find someone who hates to cook but loves doing dishes, I might be in business!!!!:mg:

jjgsp
August 10th, 2006, 09:52 PM
We usually hire various chefs to do the cooking here. Tonight it was Chef McDonald....tomorrow Chef Wendy ....Saturday will be Chef Domino...Sunday Chef Boy-r-dee...after that :noidea:

Txfirefighter
August 11th, 2006, 01:15 AM

Oh yea............I do that.

DeeS
August 11th, 2006, 01:36 AM
Since I work nights, I usually just grab a salad. But the weekends I enjoy cooking, if I get to!!

COmuzzified
August 11th, 2006, 01:48 AM
i cook and the better half and the dog clean the dishes lol i grew up with a great family of irish woman that loved to cook and i always was hungry so i learned by watching and let me tell you i make the best steak and kdney pie and haggis outside of the uk and i do a fine job on liver and onions

1DX
August 11th, 2006, 02:42 AM

Shes the take out Queen

Raider2000
August 11th, 2006, 04:24 AM
I do quite a bit of the homely chores around here mainly because Becky get's home usually around 19:30-20:00 from DC & Because Erin & I get hungry after a while :wink:

bowslinger
August 11th, 2006, 07:46 AM
i do most the cooking

Sleazy_E
August 11th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Until recently (the last few months) I did almost all the cooking. Now we have kinda split it up between the 2 of us. (with me working 2 jobs and going to school she kinda had to start cooking) I still do half of it so that half the time we have can have stuff that tastes good.

joekidd
August 11th, 2006, 08:04 AM
I usually do the cooking. The wife can burn water!:mg: :pukey:

I can relate with Ron White.:cocktail:

Rathbuck
August 11th, 2006, 09:09 AM
I do all of the cooking at our house (grilling, pasta, whatever), and my wife does all of the cleaning afterwords. :wink:

I've always enjoyed cooking...just hate the cleanup after.

My wife does all of the baking, tho...recently it's been zuchinni bread and cake. :hungry:

Sleazy_E
August 11th, 2006, 09:31 AM
My wife does all of the baking, tho...recently it's been zuchinni bread and cake. :hungry:

Rath if she is going over board with the bread just let me know I would be willing to drive to Michigan for some good zuchinni bread.

tclow
August 11th, 2006, 09:40 AM
I work 3rd and my wife works 1st so I am usually up befor eshe gets home so I get supper going.Besides if I do the cooking then she does the clean up.

Brew
August 11th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Where's the microwave option? :embara:

Rathbuck
August 11th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Rath if she is going over board with the bread just let me know I would be willing to drive to Michigan for some good zuchinni bread.

No problem Sleazy_E - the garden is still producing baseball bat sized zuchinni...I think my wife will have plenty to go around for a while...

:)

The Bionic Man
August 11th, 2006, 02:44 PM

H4e,

They ain't lookin' for what's cookin':wink:

I cook most everything at my house. I freak out when others get in the kitchen. Most of my cookware is quality stuff. When I find a non-stick anodized skillet and a METAL spatula in the sink :mg: I come un-corked:mad:

TTYL, Tom

Jimmy
August 11th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Actually the kids do. That's why we had them

A Huntress
August 11th, 2006, 04:22 PM
I do! We also eat out a lot.

mathews/fish
August 11th, 2006, 11:57 PM
When I had someone with me...I did most of the cooking.
She was able to make soup from the can.
Anything else she attempted was futile and tiring for me. Had to run, get a chair, open the cover, remove the batteries from the "it's ready alarm"
I attempted to teach her how to bake and cook. She did improve, some. :zip:

Now that my son and I are both very busy...he and I go out to restaurants 70% of the time. I do grill when he and I are home during the same time. Lots of vegies and chicken or shrimp kabobs, steaks, egg-plant, and anything else that I can think of.

Me, myself, and I share in the cooking, grilling, baking, and cleaning. We don't mind, either.:wink:

Pierre Tessier
August 12th, 2006, 12:37 AM
Mom cooks unless its deer! :wink:

Scott G at home
August 12th, 2006, 12:53 AM

Is that why you weigh the same or less than you did in highschool? And when did you graduate? :mg: Just teezin ya! :wink: :darkbeer:

My lovely wife doesn't return home until just before 6 so I usually get things going for us and the kids. Besides, she is kind of a fitness nut and likes fat free this and low cal that and every once in a week ya just gotta have a big 'ol chunk a steak!!!

rcr7mm
August 12th, 2006, 01:04 AM
We pretty much share I cook all venison, steaks , fish and 90% of any grilling. But i hate to admit this she just flat blows me out of the water on fried chicken with gravy. I cannot get the hang of it. That's ok though we both have our recipes and makes dinner time fun.

Sirs
August 12th, 2006, 01:29 AM
Cooking lol we usually both do the cooking since we've both mainly did most of the cooking in other marriages.We both love to eat as well as cook it we cook everything and thank god she loves wild meat more than store bought.First woman I've seen that'll eat the heart and liver with me and want it as much as I do. Am I lucky or what.

Tommy Chumley
August 12th, 2006, 01:39 AM
I have found the secret to not being asked to help with the cooking... Be Extremely Bad at it! :nod: I could mess up a TV Dinner! and how old are you if you actually Remember TV Dinners in Tin pans?

steve-o
August 12th, 2006, 05:20 AM
when I am home, 50% of the time I cook, 50% of the time we eat out.....hummm

Finn
August 12th, 2006, 06:25 AM
I cook or she gets take out.

For some reason, the wife thinks her cooking days should be over. :(

apud
August 12th, 2006, 09:22 PM
why would anybody waste time cooking when they could drink instead?
:darkbeer:

YellowHawkk
August 12th, 2006, 09:33 PM
My wife does most of the cooking around here. I'm lost in the kitchen. I will cook out on the grill once in awhile.

pseshooter300
August 12th, 2006, 09:54 PM
50/50 at my place.

teambringit1
August 13th, 2006, 01:45 AM
I am the grill commander. I also do a good job at most other dishes as long as the internet has a recipe for it. I love to make a great meal especially because my wife is preggers big time and doesn't have much energy for it.

Tim Roberts
August 13th, 2006, 01:52 AM
I cook,or I don't eat. :lol:

Mark250
August 13th, 2006, 01:53 AM
My wife does the cooking. Lately its been a whole bunch of fast meals. I usually dial the phone for take out if shes gone.

cfuhrer
August 13th, 2006, 01:58 AM
WELCOME BACK JESSE!!!

Let see if I can accurately describe how it works.

Fiance' and I split breakfast duty.

We either buy or work together to make lunch...

I pack his dinner (he works swing)

Then his mom and I do dinner together, or he and I do dinner together or he does dinner or we buy dinner... LOL

But Im sure I will take on more cooking responsiblility as time goes on.

fyshwysh
August 13th, 2006, 08:10 AM
If I want to eat, I have to cook. My wife is a queen, living a life of luxury and though she can cook very well I think she considers it "below her". I don't mind though, I just do the dusting and vacuuming in the morning before I go to work and then when I get home I do the cooking and clean the kitchen and bathrooms. That way she can enjoy her tv shows and not be bothered with stuff like this.:cry:

jimineecricket
August 13th, 2006, 09:37 AM
I always have al my life and the best part is i know I will always like what been made :wink: :wink:

camotoe
November 7th, 2006, 08:57 PM
I do all the cooking and I am really good at it according to my wife and my five kids. I enjoy it. I don't have to pay any bills or do any laundry. That's our arrangement. I'd much rather be cooking.:slice:

AK-AZ
November 7th, 2006, 09:31 PM
I do all the cooking, I'm single!!

longerbow66
November 7th, 2006, 10:22 PM
I do as you saw from my tread this morning he can't even make coffee

IGluIt4U
November 7th, 2006, 11:01 PM
I do all the cooking, I'm single!!
DItto... ain't it grand??!!! :whoo: :wink: :darkbeer:

niteshade
November 8th, 2006, 12:58 AM
and tonight CONFIRMS why......while he was out huntin...i set popcorn on fire in the microwave:eek:

eric96
November 8th, 2006, 01:42 AM
seens I am single I do all the cooking.:thumbs_up

dwd2001
November 8th, 2006, 10:01 AM
First time in 6 years..heck if I was a Texas fan I would still be bragging about it too...haha :D :D

Exactly Billy Ray.

If I had a sig other, I would hope they could cook. As for now, I'm the head cook and bottle washer too.

Professur
November 8th, 2006, 10:22 AM
The missus does almost all the cooking. Sometimes we can even identify what it is.

SgtPyro
November 8th, 2006, 11:21 AM

No need to "still" be bragging about it, we've been bragging about it as long as the horns have been winning the majority of the games. HA HA :darkbeer: :darkbeer:

littlebowpeep
November 8th, 2006, 11:50 AM
I'm a single parent so I do all the cooking. Plus I love to cook.

upstart
November 8th, 2006, 12:35 PM
95% - 98% of the time I do the cooking. I enjoy cooking so I don't mind.

souwest_ghillie
November 8th, 2006, 04:43 PM
My wife loves to cook. But I help out with the little stuff like peeling carrots and potatoes and the like. And oh yeah, if she decides she'd like to have a shepard's pie, it my job to whip it up. Must be good or she and the kids wouldn't eat it.