PDA

View Full Version : Chippewa Wedge-Loc Treestands?

DWright
August 16th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Anyone on here Use these kinds of treestands?

If so, how do you like them? and are they as super easy to mount on a tree as they show? Also how are they for Sturdy, Quietness, and Comfort?

Thanks in Advance,

-Dan

10 spot
August 16th, 2006, 08:30 AM
In my opinion the chippewa wedge loc is by far the best tree stand ever. They are super easy to put up and take down, they don't make any noise, they are reletively light for their size. The only downfall is they are a little expensive, but you will not be disappointed with them.

DWright
August 16th, 2006, 02:37 PM
that was the biggest reason I figured I'd ask for info (price) they seem really high, priced that is. Thanks for the info. Anyone else?

BURRUSS
August 16th, 2006, 03:03 PM
How Comfortable Is It

ELKhuntR
August 16th, 2006, 04:12 PM
my buddy uses them and they're awesome. He has multiple strap set ups and just moves the stand with him when he goes.

If I had the money, I'd get one for sure.

1smoothredneck
August 16th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Light, comfy, stable, quiet, and yes, they hang just that easy. They are a bit
pricey. So is any top drawer made in USA stand. You will not be sorry.
Check out a tiny one called the "Ghost" I believe. Not my cup of tea, but itty bitty(will fit INSIDE most any pack), and light. Too small a platform for my tastes, but it might just be the ticket for some.
Good luck.

Twolf
August 16th, 2006, 05:33 PM
I have one... a chippewa ghost. Very light and sturdy. They hang really easy as they advertise it. I can hang mine in under 2 minutes when up in the tree. The only down part I don't like is the seat cushion, they didn't put a quality cushion on and it doesn't get comfy if you sit for a awhile. I went to walmart and bought one of those 3" thick cushion they sell and it's been working out great. The price is a little pricey but you get what you paid for.