PDA

View Full Version : Finally A First Place Finish...........

PABowhunt4life
August 20th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Well, been getting in to local fishing contests here in PA for the past 10 years or so and not once have I ever landed a fish during the contest worthy of even entering. Always managed to land PLENTY of fish during them, but nothing big enough to enter.

That being said, my buddy and I went out Friday at 6 pm and fished till 9 am the next morning. The bite was slow, only a few tiny walleye and a sauger to show for the first few hours. A place that is usually polluted with bass, walleye and sauger was dead of life until about 9 pm when the cats started to bite. Once that happened I changed game plans and figured I'd try and land a nice cat to take up. To make a long story short, at 2:30 a.m. I landed a 27" flathead that was big enough to net me first place at weigh in Saturday evening. Not a monster by any means, but none the less, he was big enough to take first place.

Any other year, that would have been second or third place, but thankfully the bite was slow for everyone this year lol :D. I'll be posting pics ASAP!!!

PA.JAY
August 20th, 2006, 07:36 PM
were were you at ?

PABowhunt4life
August 20th, 2006, 11:11 PM
O.k., to answer the question, I am about 15 minutes North of Pittsburgh in a small town called Blawnox, roughly 45 minutes or so away from Greensburg.

Now, here is the pic and if you look close, you can see a few of the skeeter bites on my neck that I got during the excursion. All in all, it was worth it ;)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/pacaveli/Catfish.jpg