PDA

View Full Version : I Spooked Them

DANNYCROSS352
August 21st, 2006, 03:34 PM
So I Went To Get In My Stand Last Night And The Deer Were Standing Right Under It... How Long Should I Wait To Go Back Out There????

dhayse32
August 21st, 2006, 03:44 PM
I am assuming your season has already started and if so I would stand clear for a few days, maybe weeks. After that then they should calm back down again. If they didn't actually see you in or climbing the tree then I think you will be fine to head back after 4 or 5 days. Just an opinion. If you are just scouting on the other hand and you have a while before the season starts then I wouldn't go back until it was time to hunt.

dalejbrass
August 21st, 2006, 03:49 PM
About 5 minutes.

Typically this isn't an issue. The biggest thing you need to do is keep from being seen climbing into and out of your stand.

I deer's brain does not register that just because it saw a human being that there must be a tree stand near.

Couple years ago I took out to a brand new doe stand. Thirty yards from the stand, stood up a typical 6x6 that would score in the upper 170's. I just squatted and sat for a while. He stood up, looked at me and casually walked away (this was in the morning, just before sun up).

Got in the tree and set-up and within 20 minutes he was back and he stayed within bow range for over two hours (I was hunting does over a milo pile).

sgrem
August 21st, 2006, 04:39 PM
ditto.

blue thunder
August 21st, 2006, 05:11 PM
Yup! Don't worry about it.Climb right back up there.The deer will come right back.