Archery Talk Forum banner

nock Question

681 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Droptine4 
#1 ·
I switched over to lumenocks this year for hunting and i know they are heavier but why are my arrows now flying to the down and to the left .?? I understand the down part but no the 1-2 left part .:confused: Is there any tuning method i can try to get my regular knocks and lumenocks hitting in the same spot like i did my field tips.... Thanks

#2 ·
When you add weight to the nock end of the arrow it "stiffens" the dynamic spine. Sounds to me like you need to completely retune.

#5 ·
light being a form of energy is distorting your arrows overall mass forward movement and directing the source of released energy toward the center of the arrow rather than the front.
no this doesnt affect your over all FOC but the small amount of energy created by the light is developing enough photons (the positive particle in light energy) to draw the arrow backward which would result in its downward motion. the reason it is going left depends on how the atoms are lined up at the point of release....

dang ive had too much starbucks this morning hehehehehe....

#7 ·
What

Zen Archery said:
light being a form of energy is distorting your arrows overall mass forward movement and directing the source of released energy toward the center of the arrow rather than the front.
no this doesnt affect your over all FOC but the small amount of energy created by the light is developing enough photons (the positive particle in light energy) to draw the arrow backward which would result in its downward motion. the reason it is going left depends on how the atoms are lined up at the point of release....

dang ive had too much starbucks this morning hehehehehe....

And this post just made my head hurt :confused:

#8 ·
Droptine4 said:
ok thanks i think i understand the spine thing but is there a way to change all this so i can shoot the lumenocks and regular nocks and not have to move my sites ???
All of your lumenock arrows are much stiffer compared to the regular arrows.

All of your regular arrows are much weaker compared to the lumenock arrows.

So, either all arrows regular
or all arrows lumenock.

They will not hit in the same spot.

The lumneock arrows need more draw weight
to fly straight.

#9 ·
nuts&bolts said:
All of your lumenock arrows are much stiffer compared to the regular arrows.

All of your regular arrows are much weaker compared to the lumenock arrows.

So, either all arrows regular
or all arrows lumenock.

They will not hit in the same spot.

The lumneock arrows need more draw weight
to fly straight.

ok so i have a decison to make .. Thanks everybody for the help... :darkbeer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.