PDA

View Full Version : Cuddeback ???

Lien2
August 29th, 2006, 11:33 AM
We have two Cuddeback Excite cameras. When I take the card out and put it into my digital camera to veiw the pics, it says "Image to large". But we are able to scan them into the computer and view them. We have last years Cuddeback and it works fine for viewing out in the field.
Any one have any ideas why it says "Image to large" when we try to view them on my digital camera screen? Is it a setting on the Cuddeback? :confused:
Thank you.

Lien2

fishslayer1963
August 29th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Have no idea if this helps but worth a try

File System - FAT and FAT32
Personal Computers (PCs) and digital cameras will either use a FAT (also referred to as
FAT16) or a FAT32 file system on the Compact Flash Card. Cuddeback is compatible
with both file systems.
1) You should not have to worry about the file system unless you have problems with
a digital camera reading the card. If this happens format your Compact Flash Card
in the digital camera first and then install the card into your Cuddeback.
2) The default file system for the Cuddeback is FAT32.
3) Some digital cameras use the FAT or FAT16 file system. If you want to read
Cuddeback images with these cameras you should format the CF card in the digital
camera and not with the Cuddeback camera.
4) You can also format your CF cards with your PC. You can use either FAT or FAT32
formats. We recommend you use FAT32 unless you need to view your images on a
device that does not support FAT32.
TIP - This means that if you forget to install a card your Cuddeback will still record images.

Lien2
August 29th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Thanks fishslayer...............I think. :confused: :wink:
How do you format the CF Card in the digital camera?

Lien2

fatboy111
August 29th, 2006, 12:55 PM
I would re-format the card and see if that helps. I have three Experts and have had zero problems....love the camera. We use the Sandisk viewer...plugs into a tv and gives you a slide show. You can find them for around $50.00. Computer should work too if it will accept CF cards.

Lien2
August 29th, 2006, 01:01 PM
I need to know how to format the card. :embara:

Lien2

Lien2
August 29th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Anybody?! :cry:

Lien2

xTravisx
August 29th, 2006, 02:10 PM
What are the megapixel ratings for the cuddeback and the digital camera you are trying to use? Could it be that the image from the cuddeback is a higher megapixel than the other camera and just isn't able to display it?

To format my cards use a cheap card reader to get it on my computer and then right click on the particular removabe drive that the card is named and then click format.

fishslayer1963
August 29th, 2006, 06:44 PM
What are the megapixel ratings for the cuddeback and the digital camera you are trying to use? Could it be that the image from the cuddeback is a higher mega pixel than the other camera and just isn't able to display it?

To format my cards use a cheap card reader to get it on my computer and then right click on the particular removable drive that the card is named and then click format.

if you had last years model and it was a 3.0 it shouldn't be the problem.In your setup(settings) of the digital cam it should give you an option to format the card if there are a lot of photos on the card it will take a while.When i load my photos to my PC my software gives me the option to delete the card(not the same as format) which i do. Make sure your batteries are charged when you format it make take a little while.
Format the card(in the cudde) put it in your last years model and take a few photos then see if your digi will read it.If not the format fat files might be the issue

What kind of camera are you using to view the images????????