PDA

View Full Version : are there any sponsored anglers here?

SgtBoneCrusher
September 6th, 2006, 06:28 PM
does anyone have a sponsor that helps offset the rising cost of tournament fishing? if you dont and are interested, i'll let you know where you can go to get the info........I just landed my first one today.

fasst
September 6th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Just locally....I started a series with my cousin last Summer. He has a charter business, and we picked up several sponsors for the team. Several local businesses would offer $$$ to offset entry fees and travel expenses. Also, lure sponsors, Bass Assassin and Cajun Thunder. It sure feels good fishing tournaments for free, and having the lures and all supplied for free. The ultimate deal would be to get sponsored by someone like Abu Garcia....next to impossible as far as I can tell. Funny thing, I wore one of my Columbia tournament shirts to the Team shoot at the Classic in Columbus that Friday. Wonder how many looks I got with all those embroidered decals :tongue: :wink:

JoshKeller
September 24th, 2006, 02:31 AM
"he ultimate deal would be to get sponsored by someone like Abu Garcia....next to impossible as far as I can tell."

your best bet would to get sponsered by a shop that carries abu garcia. I get most of the stuff I need, and my entry fee's get paid right down to small club tournaments as long as 20 or more boats are involved (my dad's co. sponsers me for those expenses, but I SURE could use a new boat :)