PDA

View Full Version : New Chatterbaits

Bassmaster
September 23rd, 2006, 10:39 PM
Anyone use the new chatterbaits. If so how do they work

smallgamehunter
September 24th, 2006, 12:49 AM
i got one its the most worthless lure i have seen yet only works good for me in the mississippi river

Nick1959
October 4th, 2006, 01:07 PM
I have a couple of the larger version of the chatter baits for muskie. I've had several follows with them but no hookups. I"ll keep using them.

NIck

SgtPyro
October 24th, 2006, 04:01 PM
I've used them and the Gambler Swim blades. I like them both, hooked up a 3 pound black bass the first trip out with them. The blade is fixed so it doesn't spin like a spinner blade and it has rattles embedded in the body. It twitches back and forth during the retrieve which makes the rattles work. The swim blade does pretty much the same thing only with a little more action imitating a wounded bait fish.

cprsuperman
January 18th, 2007, 10:17 AM
I used one at a friend's private lake and hooked at least 25 largemouth bass ranging in size from 2 lbs to over 5 lbs. I would jerk the bait, then let it fall, they would usually hit it on the fall. I will definately buy another one.

buckrub
January 22nd, 2007, 01:46 PM
I have not had any luck but watched a friend catch some great smallmouth on those stupid baits.

SilentHntr.
January 23rd, 2007, 05:34 PM
They piss the bass off and can get you a strike on days were nothing else will work. Match color and size with where you fish for best result.