Archery Talk Forum banner

Legal bow kills posted here.

3K views 47 replies 32 participants last post by  msabo 
#1 ·
I enjoy coming here seeing peoples success, but seems there is an element on this site that think they are the crap (not the word I wanted to use).

Well folks, just ignore them, they will go away and they are only a tiny piece of the hunting community anyway. Maybe thats why they cry about other folks kills, they are lonely.

So, if you love hunting and you make a legal kill post it here. This 30+ year bowhunter wants to see them and hear your story as well. No deer or smile is too small, I want to see them all.:wink:

I will get the party started;

20 Sept 2006, am, 75 lb doe...bonus management tag.

View attachment 180207

25 Sept 2006, am 149 lb doe...regular antlerless tag.

View attachment 180208

#7 ·
I dont understand your point of contention? Are you meaning the posts people make when they see a small deer? I think any legally taken deer/game is just fine.

Regardless, theres a sticky at the top for everyone to post their success photo's and it's quite good.

Congrats to all that have been able to harvest game, legally! I'm waiting my turn starting 10.1.2006!

#8 · (Edited)
Brought down this guy this sept 4th

funny story to.
first day we had the right wind for our main stands. I am on the west side of a horse shoe of bush that opens onto the farmers field. now I am generaly a meat guy, and I was looking for the does to come out and check out the decoy. My hunting partner is in the east side of the horse shoe. wind was blowing out of the south so it made a great setup for the both of us. the field is very rolling so it is easy to not see the deer when you are walking in it. I am in my stand maybe 25 min. my partner has just got settled in his stand ( about 120 yards east of me) He and the deer must have passed in the field since he did not even know they were out on my side. He starts sending me a text message about getting shooting a doe if they come out, when he looks over and sees me wack this guy. 4X2. I knew the hit was good, but a little high.( partner was saying that the blood was flowing out the exit hole, but I could not see it.) anyway I am a little nerves and so he calls and goes lets get the deer. he saw the danm thing fall in the bush, but did not tell me:rolleyes: > he comes up all confident about the shot ect and I start looking the the bush where i saw him in enter and there he was:tongue:

had some backstraps and tenderloin and they are tasty:wink:

2 days later I passed on a dig doe from that same stand and I hope I don't live to regeat that:eek:

17 yard shot

Reed

Attachments

#9 ·
jbo3 said:
I dont understand your point of contention? Are you meaning the posts people make when they see a small deer? I think any legally taken deer/game is just fine.

Regardless, theres a sticky at the top for everyone to post their success photo's and it's quite good.

Congrats to all that have been able to harvest game, legally! I'm waiting my turn starting 10.1.2006!
He is saying some people are afraid to post their success that they are very proud of because they don't want to take a beating like Eason94 did. Instead they will just no post and share with the rest of us!

#10 ·
Well, I don't have a photo to share yet, hopefully I will in a few days, but I just wanted to say this is a GREAT post and congrats to everyone who has scored.

The point of this thread is indeed directed towards all of the "alpha" hunters who beat down everyone else for shooting something they'd pass on. In my opinion, if you can sit back and criticize a fellow hunter for shooting any legally taken game animal, then you're simply not much of a hunter at all, regardless of what hangs on your wall or how much you beat your chest

#11 ·
this years hunt

fallow buck and doe
rams , one on right scored 107 7/8

Attachments

#12 ·
Ya know, if it trips your trigger and it is legal, then I say more power to ya!!!! Ya got more in the freezer than I do this year, hopefully that will change in December!!!!

#14 ·
I guided and told the guy to shoot this one

Does that count. 40lb monster doe. His first bow kill. He shot his first deer with me as well.

Attachments

#15 ·
First buck...

this year. Second day of the season. I took a 23 yard quartering away shot. Entry right behind the left shoulder,complete passthru- exit wound to the left of the right shoulder. Deer went forty yards and piled up. Slick trick 100 gr. made the entry hole look like a 12 ga. shotgun hole. Deer ran away at full speed usually don't get any blood for a while but not with these slick tricks massive blood trail immediately. Followed the trail at a fast walk forty yards right to the buck.
I was all alone and I was pressed for time. It would be a long haul out. I like taking good photos but this one is a little short on set up. Couldnt get my camera to go in to the self timer mode and for that reason i couldn't get into the picture.
My trail monitor tells me there is a near pope and young buck in the area. I'm after him with my second CT buck tag.
Good luck to all. Great to see everyones take so far.

Good huntin'
Joe lorenti

Attachments

#16 ·
This is my 4th archery deer to date. This one was taken on Sept. 23rd of this year. All the QDM guys would hate me...last year I shot a button buck, doe, and fork horn 4 pt. I'm getting the 4 pt. mounted by my buddy in my sig. I'm was so proud of that little 4 pointer, you'd have thought he was a b&c buck. I started out the year w/ this doe fawn, man was she good eatin. For the time being I'll continue to shoot fawns, I see no problem w/ it. Ohyeah, forgot to mention that I've got over 10 acres in food plots as well:confused: Any new archer that wants to shoot a fawn, button, whatever is A-ok with me.

Attachments

#17 ·
Show me more!

I love to see fellow archers having success. I am way more impressed by someone that scouts an area, puts up their own stand and successfully releases and arrow. Much more impressive than a "hunter" that pays some guide to do the real hunting for them. I understand some folks have more money than time but for me the kill is the end of good hunting.

#19 ·
Best thread this year.......

I love these real-deal bowhunting pictures.:)

This is the bread and butter of bowhunting.! :darkbeer:

I love bowhunting and it is a huge part of my life, when we lose these guys then bowhunting is lost.

I would love to kill a huge buck someday, but if I never do that will be ok. I have enough memories of these everyday deer hunts to last a lifetime. If QDM/trophy hunting is your thing, then I applaud you; But you need to leave these hunters alone, they are busy having fun, enjoying God's bounty, eating great venison, and making memories with friends/family. They are the salt of the earth bowhunters and I hope we always have some guys/gals like this hanging around "Keep'n it Real"

Keep'em SHarp................

#24 ·
PABowhunt4life said:
The point of this thread is indeed directed towards all of the "alpha" hunters who beat down everyone else for shooting something they'd pass on. In my opinion, if you can sit back and criticize a fellow hunter for shooting any legally taken game animal, then you're simply not much of a hunter at all, regardless of what hangs on your wall or how much you beat your chest

Well said! Seems like there are many "experts" out there just waiting for someone to post something they don't agree with.

Something about those "bald-headed" deer and elk that just.......well........tastes so good!!!! Anyone have a recipe for antlers?

Hunt safe and keep 'em coming.

#25 ·
Some nice pictures and stories, keep em coming.

My friends son shot this girl a few days ago, he stands the whole time about 3 rows back in the corn and when a deer walks by in the waterway he takes them out. His dad loves hunting that way and can stand for 3 or more hours waiting to make a shot.

Keep them pic and stories coming, this is bowhunting for all to enjoy, if its legal we want to see it. Good hunting to all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.