PDA

View Full Version : Single pin w/lense...

Houtex
September 28th, 2006, 12:35 PM
I've been thinking about switching out my Tru-glo 3 pin for a single pin w/ a
2X lens. How are they for actual hunting situations? Pro's - cons?

Houtex
September 28th, 2006, 12:58 PM
ttt

txdukklr
September 28th, 2006, 01:09 PM
never tried a site with a 2x but I gotta say i'm not sure why everyone with the bows today doesn't shoot a single pin.

I mean i know there are a thousand reasons but for me I'm so flat out to 30yards and that is the range i want to shoot that all i need is a single pin. I use an adjustable but rarely ever move it.

Mudshack
September 28th, 2006, 01:17 PM
I hear ya txdukklr. My 20-yard pin is my one and only pin out to 30. Pull a little down in close, pull a little high out at 30. My hoyt is flat out to 30.

My first bow had a nice variable single verticle pin with the brightest pin ever. I gave it up and sold it. Now that I shoot a fast hoyt, I wish I hadn't.

Bob H in NH
September 28th, 2006, 01:58 PM
I shot lots of 3D with a 2x lens and loved it, however check your local rules, I believe its illegal in some states, like Idaho, to use any magnification.

Houtex
September 28th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Thanks guys for the reply's. Will probably try a single pin after this season.
good luck to all.....

old Graybeard
September 28th, 2006, 02:40 PM
I use nothing but single pins. I use lens for 3-D shooting but have yet to try one for hunting, don't see any reason it wouldn't work except it might be a hassel in the rain?

Bees
September 28th, 2006, 02:44 PM
when it gets dark in the woods you ain't going to be able to see thru the lens. they cut down on a lot of light.