PDA

View Full Version : HELP...keep getting busted!!!

bigbowman14
October 3rd, 2006, 07:25 PM
I hunt in WV and we ( my father in law and I)hunt this particular tree every year and bust at least 2 or 3 deer out of it. It seems as though some of the deer are looking at the tree when they come around the hill...been doing it for a couple of years now. This year we decided to hang a pair of coveralls in the tree where we sit. Do you think this will work? I hope they get used to the coveralls and continue on around the hill.

Max4hdmatt
October 3rd, 2006, 07:37 PM
there getting used to u being in that tree every year. my friend has a stand exactly like that and the deer look there every time they go by and get real timid whether someone is in the stand or not so my suggestion would be if u want to hunt that stand still. hang a stand on the opposite side of the trail n try n get a deer that way.

Matt

cactus kid
October 3rd, 2006, 09:38 PM
try using a ghillie suit, work like mad! if that dosent work, i dont know whatto tell you!

CssBowShooter
October 3rd, 2006, 10:13 PM
Thats where you take your climber and put it about 30 yards away from that stand so when they try to skirt the one stand they'll walk right under the other!

Archery Addict
October 3rd, 2006, 10:15 PM
I don't know if this will work but my friend tryed it bear hunting and they stuffed some clothes with something to make a sort of fake person and put it in that tree and then set up another tree stand in a different tree but so you have a clean path to see. But i dont know if it will work for you.

Bees
October 3rd, 2006, 10:23 PM
I hunt in WV and we ( my father in law and I)hunt this particular tree every year and bust at least 2 or 3 deer out of it. It seems as though some of the deer are looking at the tree when they come around the hill...been doing it for a couple of years now. This year we decided to hang a pair of coveralls in the tree where we sit. Do you think this will work? I hope they get used to the coveralls and continue on around the hill.
its's called over hunting a stand, you should just let it rest and not hunt it at all for a month or so. then try it in aobut 6 weeks, might yeild another deer.

labrat
October 4th, 2006, 02:39 AM
i'd say don't use the stand for a while they obviously know its there. I would rather move the stand than to put a dummy in it and hope the deer get used to it. the dummy may just make them find a different way around all together.

Pingstar1975
October 4th, 2006, 02:46 AM
sorry to disagree with anyone but I love "sticking to the stand", might be a new saying but I'm sticking to my stand this year. I will hunt out of my stand this yer almost everyday for at least 5 hours. If I miss a day because of word then I will make it up by staying in the stand even longer.

I WILL NOT HAVE A DEER KEEP ME OUTTA MY STAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good post!!