PDA

View Full Version : Help Me

NBbuckHunter
October 3rd, 2006, 09:48 PM
Hey everyone just need some advice. All summer I've been scouting the area near my house, I set my stands and about 3 days before season(last week of septemeber) right after the bucks lost thier velvet they took off and I cannot seem to find them, last night 12 deer came in all does! any ideas on how to bring them in? I'm using apples theer is absoluty no other hunting pressure and I just can't seem to get them to come in these last couple weeks.

mofarmboy
October 3rd, 2006, 10:01 PM
bucks tend to run in bachelor groups during the summer and early fall usually until about the first week of oct. at this time they will size each other up and make a pecking order.i see quite a few bucks this time of year sparring.once they've established the pecking order they will usually split up until after the rut.this might be y your not seeing them chances are a few of them are spending time elsewhere.i wouldnt worry to much if you keep the does around there will be plenty of cruisin bucks checkin your area out in about a month. good luck!

lxhunting
October 3rd, 2006, 10:03 PM
bucks tend to run in bachelor groups during the summer and early fall usually until about the first week of oct. at this time they will size each other up and make a pecking order.i see quite a few bucks this time of year sparring.once they've established the pecking order they will usually split up until after the rut.this might be y your not seeing them chances are a few of them are spending time elsewhere.i wouldnt worry to much if you keep the does around there will be plenty of cruisin bucks checkin your area out in about a month. good luck!

exactly what he said!!

bwilson301
October 3rd, 2006, 10:07 PM
deer are starting to change there paterns about right now, i know there will be some guys that will disagree with me but the bucks are getting ready to start there pre-rut(they are leaving there bachular herds and setting up there breeding territorys) the bucks and deer that you have seen all summer are going to leave the area or just spread out. start looking for scrape and rub lines. the bucks are probly still there just the are getting harder to spot
not being bunched up together. if you have a bunch of does i would stay put
because when they start coming in to heat the bucks will start showing back up, have patience it will work out in the end:wink:

bwilson301
October 3rd, 2006, 10:09 PM
oops i must type too slow you guys bet me to the point

Cornfed
October 3rd, 2006, 10:10 PM
right after the bucks lost thier velvet they took off and I cannot seem to find them, last night 12 deer came in all does!

A very typical scenerio for this time of the season. Shortly after velvet shedding many bucks become recluses and many other disperse which actually may take them several miles away. With the temps high and no intrest in the Does right now, the bucks are content to bide their time bedding up during most of the day and then rubbing, scraping and feeding under the cover of darkness and in the cooler temps. Hang in there bud, you've obviously got the Does so it's only a matter of time before the big guys show up looking to claim their ladies!