PDA

View Full Version : My Second Deer of the Season

BandanaMan
October 13th, 2006, 05:49 AM
I shot my second deer of the 2006 season yesterday afternoon!

I was specifically hunting for a small tasty doe and was blessed by "The Great Spirit" with this offering!

Hunting in Delaware County on a cold windy afternoon in snow showers, this doe came down the trail I was hunting browsing on leaves. She would not come closer then 30 yards, and kept feeding around several large trees.

I was up in my tree stand about 18 feet, so when I thought I had a clear shot, I let an arrow fly. To my surprise the arrow tipped a small twig near her, took a left turn with a crack, then disappeared!

The doe danced around looking, saw no danger, then kept feeding! Meanwhile, I knocked another arrow, got my range finder out and spotted her at exactly 30 yards. So when she stepped into what I believed to be another clear area, I planted the 30 yard pin on her broadside and let loose!

The arrow passed through her slightly quartering away! She leaped into the air hunching her back, kicked out her hind legs, then took of like a shot out off a canon!

45 minutes later, about 65 yards in a straight line, I found her in open woods!

I shot her with my 2005 Hoyt Vtec set at 45lbs. I used a Satellite Bronze Series 2960 carbon arrow, tipped with a Muzzy 3 blade 100gr broadhead. My bow sight is a Trophy Ridge Micro Matrix Guide Series 5 pin, my arrow rest is a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone. My stabilizer is a Sims "S" Coil, my wrist release is a True Fire Hurricane.

If you check out the last few photos on my existing WEBSHOTS album titled "2006 Archery Deer Season," you can see yesterday's pictures of me and the doe.

http://community.webshots.com/album/554569085BScCCh

bro2032
October 13th, 2006, 07:01 AM
Congratulations!!!
Looks like a pretty good season already.
Nice Job!!

BowtechAndy
October 13th, 2006, 07:15 AM
congrats:darkbeer: